Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Performance Volvo Cars
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Performance Volvo Cars A forum for those interested in any Volvo performance car from any era, FWD, RWD and AWD!

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V70R '06 model

Views : 871

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 24th, 2007, 18:54   #1
aqua0
Scuba Diving Instructor

Default V70R '06 model

I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the correct section, but as I'm a relative noobie - please forgive me

Ok, just been to the main dealer today and he couldn't/wouldn't give me a straight answer

According to my hand book, the temerature setting can be altered on the heated seats.It's pleasantly warm at the moment but not what I would call hot and, certainly not as hot as the heated seats in my girlfriends '02 V70.
How do I increase the temperature setting?
Also, how do I adjust the volume setting on the reverse parking bleeper? It's a lot quieter than the one I had on my last V70 although this was an aftermarket version rather than a volvo one.
Help with pictures would be really appreciated.
Thanks

A1 Divers - Where Experience and Professionalism count!
aqua0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2007, 21:37   #2
s60 chris

Hi! your heated seat temp can be changed using VIDA the diagnostic computer used at the dealer.From memory there are 2 or 3 different heated settings.
As for your reverse sensors, if they are the aftermaket type they prob can't have the sound adjusted.Try finding the beeper & make sure it's not obstucted or try & reposition it to a better place.
Hope that helps
s60 chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25th, 2007, 00:24   #3
DownundeR

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqua0 View Post
According to my hand book, the temerature setting can be altered on the heated seats.
How do I increase the temperature setting?
As 'S60 chris' correctly mentioned they can be adjusted by your dealer.
Depending on your dealer's knowledge you may need to use some Volvo-speak to get your message across
Heated seat offset (for L and H setting)
Cooler -2, -1
Default 0
Warmer +1, +2
I am pretty sure that this applies to both seats. (i.e. you can't independently change the offset for one seat only)
Sorry, don't have the VIDA/VADIS reference.

There are also other customised preferences – some handy, other trivial:
Home safe lighting
Delay of either 30 - 60 - 90 seconds (default = 30 sec)
To see this in action, do this...
Take the key out of the ignition
Operate the high beams - flash (pull the stalk towards you)
Get out and lock the car with the remote.
The headlights, & tail lights and puddle lights (if fitted) should stay on for a period of time.

Fuel tank lock delay
10 minutes - 0 minutes
default = 10 min

Interior light delay
Change how long the interior lights remain on after locking/unlocking the car
default = 30 sec

Exterior courtesy lighting
Duration can be changed

Remote unlock
1 press unlocks all or 2 presses unlocks all

There are a few others, like changing the auto dim mirror, but these are main ones. Depending on your relationship with the dealer, you may be able to get these for free with your next service - otherwise they may want to charge you for the privilege!

With the reverse parking sensor - just to clarify, do you have an after-market one or Volvo fitted one on your S60R?
Cheers
DownundeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25th, 2007, 14:40   #4
aqua0
Scuba Diving Instructor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownundeR View Post
With the reverse parking sensor - just to clarify, do you have an after-market one or Volvo fitted one on your S60R?
Cheers

It's a volvo one.I believe it's fitted as an extra option. Oh, and it's a V70R not an S60R

Old Jun 27th, 2007, 02:04   #5
DownundeR

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqua0 View Post
It's a volvo one.I believe it's fitted as an extra option. Oh, and it's a V70R not an S60R
Sorry dude! Your V looks like an S the thread photo... Guilty of not reading the thread topic properly...
With the Volvo reverse sensor for the R’s, I think there are 2 types:
Good one
Properly integrated into the car with a switch beneath the climate control. when engaging reverse the radio is muted or lowered and text appears on the radio. I ‘think’ you can adjust the sound of the beeps there - may want to check with any other board members who have fully integrated reverse sensors in their V’s or S’s.
Average one
Usually a dealer fit with no switch on the dash, but a separate black box which can be found at the rear fuse box. (typically in the cargo area, pass side – you will need to remove the tail light access panel) Depending on the unit some dealers may wire this so it goes through the rear ‘D pillar’ speakers or just emit a beep from the box. Obviously burying the box tends to muffle the beeps.

Best way to check for volume & sound source is to switch the ignition to the on position (but don’t start the car) and engage reverse. Then you can open up the back tailgate and have a poke around for the box location & sound source.
Hope this helps
Old Jun 27th, 2007, 20:26   #6
aqua0
Scuba Diving Instructor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownundeR View Post
Good one
Properly integrated into the car with a switch beneath the climate control. when engaging reverse the radio is muted or lowered and text appears on the radio. I ‘think’ you can adjust the sound of the beeps there - may want to check with any other board members who have fully integrated reverse sensors in their V’s or S’s.

Thats the very one - it's the 'posh' version

Old Jun 28th, 2007, 06:19   #7
DownundeR

That's good for you! Did it work?
Failing that, there must be some instructions somewhere on the Volvo accessories site
(I have the 'poverty' one...)