Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

warranty claims

Views : 3289

Replies : 35

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 19th, 2017, 23:00   #11
kenny
Master Member

Just remind Toyota the insurance backed warranty they bought and added to the price of the car is in addition to your statutory rights. Tell them to pay the bill and if they are nice to you about it you may let them claim off your policy. If they aren't then not only will you not let them you will return the car to them.
kenny is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kenny For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 20th, 2017, 01:08   #12
id5
Premier Member

The good thing is that everyone has admitted a problem exists but I think you are caught up in the middle of people and businesses trying to do the right thing.

You do have the option to reject but they also have the option to go to arbitration as they have recognised that there is a fault and have taken steps to resolve the problem. From what you have written it does not make the car unsafe or derivable. If I was Toyota I would go down this route as it would be the most cost effective solution. Sadly it does not help you forward.

The warranty most likely has written terms and conditions attached that have a grace period where they do not have to pay out until that period has expired. This is not unheard and protects them from the some false claims and would take you to about the 19th before they pay out. Again they are I think trying to do the right thing because they have accepted that there is a warranty claim.

The Volvo dealer has given you a courtesy car and they did not need to do that but have done the right thing and now that there is a question of payment want that car back as is their right. I suspect that by contract Toyota do not have to give you a courtesy car, and if you check the T&C's I expect that nobody else has to either. Again, everybody has tried to do the right thing.

To be honest I would ring Toyota tomorrow, ask to speak to the Dealer Principle, explain that you think that everybody has tried to help but regardless it has gone wrong but the car has been fixed and if Toyota could provide either the payment until the insurer pays out or a temporary courtesy car then everyone will think that everyone is doing the right thing and everyone can move forward.
id5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20th, 2017, 01:45   #13
NigelDay
Premier Member

I actually think the 19th December is more likely to be their normal monthly payment cycle, perhaps brought forward a few days because of Christmas. Whatever it is, it does not help the OP.
2015: XC60 D4 FWD SE Lux Nav 190hp manual, Osmium Grey, 17" Segin, Tempa, Winter Illumination, Security, Family, DSP, 4C, HK Sound, Subwoofer, Front Parking, Rear Camera, Dark Tinted, Power Passenger Seat, Speed and Heated Steering.
NigelDay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NigelDay For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 20th, 2017, 08:13   #14
id5
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NigelDay View Post
I actually think the 19th December is more likely to be their normal monthly payment cycle, perhaps brought forward a few days because of Christmas. Whatever it is, it does not help the OP.
That is also possible but as it is the 20th of November today then I would expect this months payment cycle would be either later this week or the following and not the following month. A confirmation letter of payment or a purchase order from the warranty company would also likely release the vehicle unless the Volvo dealer has already had poor business payments from them.

The OP's biggest problem at the moment seems to be the lack of a courtesy car as all the rest is being dealt with albeit slowly. But the courtesy car is just that, a courtesy, unless of course the warranty covers a replacement car until the original is back on the road. Given that thought my advice would be to ask politely to see if the Toyota dealer has one that can be used until the Volvo is ready.
Old Nov 20th, 2017, 09:13   #15
Crockers
Premier Member

Catch 22

How do you reject a car held by Volvo without paying the £1000 first?

Why not pay the £1000 on a credit card. By the time your bill comes through you'll have your cheque and you won't have been out of pocket. Sometimes there's more important things in life to worry about.

Last edited by Crockers; Nov 20th, 2017 at 09:16.
Crockers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20th, 2017, 09:32   #16
NigelDay
Premier Member

When you have an accident repair, the insurance company agrees the work and the trader does the job. You sign the completion sheet and drive off. The trader submits the invoice to the insurer and gets paid, some days or weeks later.
Why is this case so different and difficult ?
2015: XC60 D4 FWD SE Lux Nav 190hp manual, Osmium Grey, 17" Segin, Tempa, Winter Illumination, Security, Family, DSP, 4C, HK Sound, Subwoofer, Front Parking, Rear Camera, Dark Tinted, Power Passenger Seat, Speed and Heated Steering.
NigelDay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NigelDay For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 20th, 2017, 20:10   #17
scotchglen

right this is whats happened today, have rang both volvo and toyota numberous times upshot is volvo cancelled insurance on courtesy car so had to return this today, had our car returned with radio, cd, screen reversing sensors working at all as software unit has completely failed, returning the car to toyota to fix. waiting on a phone call tomorrow for details going to demand a courtesy car as this is none of our doing and we still have to work. no cant work. hopefully everything crossed this gets resolved quickly
scotchglen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20th, 2017, 20:43   #18
scotchglen

spoke to volvo manager about rejecting the car, he basically said not only would you be without a car, you would be cutting your nose off to spite your face as while it was in they gave it a full safety check and everything was a1 condition apart from the reason it was there. like i said before hoping toyota sort it quickly
scotchglen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21st, 2017, 08:58   #19
id5
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotchglen View Post
right this is whats happened today, have rang both volvo and toyota numberous times upshot is volvo cancelled insurance on courtesy car so had to return this today, had our car returned with radio, cd, screen reversing sensors working at all as software unit has completely failed, returning the car to toyota to fix. waiting on a phone call tomorrow for details going to demand a courtesy car as this is none of our doing and we still have to work. no cant work. hopefully everything crossed this gets resolved quickly
A couple of questions
Is a courtesy car listed in the extended warranty you brought?
What did the Toyota dealership say they would do next?
Old Nov 21st, 2017, 16:22   #20
volvo for ever
Premier Member

im kinda confused if volvo garage phoned warranty company then if they fitted new unit and sw it then warranty company must have gave then the go ahead surely ??

2 options either return car or wait till 30 days have passed since first bouth car

good luck
volvo for ever is offline   Reply With Quote