Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Sensus upgrade wots new.

Views : 1045

Replies : 9

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 7th, 2018, 19:40   #1
myaquarium

Default Sensus upgrade wots new.

Hi there. Just had my 2012 premium sat nav upgraded with a piece of software which allows my maps to be downloaded via usb. Nothing really seems to have changed. What should I look for to confirm the changes. Should the interface look different. I hope the maps have been updated or is that for me to do.
Iv noticed my previous journeys and poi are still there. That's what I'm worried that no updates were done. Lastly should they have included a 32gb usb stick in the price. Thanks again
myaquarium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7th, 2018, 19:47   #2
Whiterdesign
Master Member

Maps will have not been updated you need to do that yourself see https://support.volvocars.com/uk/car...91100fd07866e2
These maps were last updated in may 2016, supposedly there is an new update coming soon. Originally Volvo said there would be yearly updates but this hasn’t happened.
No they don’t supply a USB you have to buy one yourself.
Note the maps take over 2 hrs to download and whilst this is happening you will have no maps, and no Bluetooth phone.
Old Mar 7th, 2018, 22:57   #3
S40D5

Quote:
Originally Posted by myaquarium View Post
Hi there. Just had my 2012 premium sat nav upgraded with a piece of software which allows my maps to be downloaded via usb. Nothing really seems to have changed. What should I look for to confirm the changes. Should the interface look different. I hope the maps have been updated or is that for me to do.
Iv noticed my previous journeys and poi are still there. That's what I'm worried that no updates were done. Lastly should they have included a 32gb usb stick in the price. Thanks again
Hi If You Don't Mind Me Asking How Much Did They Charge For The Update
Thanks
S40D5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7th, 2018, 23:21   #4
Whiterdesign
Master Member

Mine cost me £50.but that was 18 months ago , on my 2012 r design
Old Mar 8th, 2018, 11:14   #5
Ixion

The upgrade doesn't visually change anything.

The only changes you'll notice is the version of the software (you can find this in settings) and a few items on "My S60" have been renamed (e.g. DTSC, rather than Sport mode).

As others have said you now need to just download the maps to a USB and plug-in. There's a new update being released this year. Going on previous releases it's normally mid-year.

As for cost, dealers now charge around £90 (book time is 45 mins), there seems to be little movement in this price. Although if you ask nicely you might manage a car wash
Ixion is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ixion For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 9th, 2018, 09:53   #6
barnetbarnet

Is the update worth it? Thinking about the update too but was quoted more than £50-£90....£150!!
barnetbarnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2018, 11:49   #7
Ixion

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnetbarnet View Post
Is the update worth it? Thinking about the update too but was quoted more than £50-£90....£150!!
Definitely try another dealer then. It's a fixed price . It's only worth it if you use the sat nav and want updated road data. Also the traffic displays slightly differently (or seems to be more real time than before).
Ixion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2018, 13:03   #8
SwissXC90
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnetbarnet View Post
What if every single map change was in the town you live in, and the surrounding changes?
Then definitely would be worth it for you.

But what if every single map change was in a part of the country miles away from where you are, which you never ever plan to visit?
Then probably not worth it at all.

So just like a paper map, you never really know what and where was updated.
But you buy the latest paper map with the belief and understanding that it is more up to date than the older paper map.
The updates may or may not be relevant to you, but you never know until you need them (or can compare old and new).

And you need to apply the same philosophy to an electronic map: buy the latest electronic map with the belief and understanding that it is more up to date than the older electronic map.
The updates may or may not be relevant to you, but you never know until you need them (or can compare old and new).
XC90 R-Design MY2009, Black Sapphire Metallic. HP-Sound, RSE, Nav, Tel, ParkingCam, BLIS, ParkingHeater, RestHeat, Removable Towbar, Summer: CRATUS 20x8 on Pirelli Scorpion Zeros 255/45, Winter: NEPTUNE 17x7 on Continental WinterContact 4x4 235/65.
SwissXC90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2018, 19:27   #9
S40D5

For Anyone Near London Just Found This Offer Seems To Be Decent Price As You Get A Volvo USB Stick Included Shame Its Too Far For Me
http://www.sentinelcars.co.uk/access...satnav-update/
S40D5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15th, 2018, 02:36   #10
barnetbarnet

Spoke to Volvo in Canterbury recently about upgrading the operating system to accept the free updates but my local dealer is still asking "around £150", for "a few hours" work so that £99 above^ seems good. If I was near North London I would do that.
barnetbarnet is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to barnetbarnet For This Useful Post: