Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC60 Winter Pack / Heated Screen

Views : 7133

Replies : 20

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 5th, 2018, 13:43   #11
Lexman8
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by senwar View Post
I've been debating adding Volvo on call and gather this is what's used for pre-heating? I have pre heating in my current car (Golf GTE) but the app hardly works so gave up on it
Yes, VoC is used (and works very well) but pre-heating using the aux fuel heater isn't standard except on the T8. You can pre-heat (of sorts) using ERS but it's less effective and might annoy the neighbours (as well as produce extra emissions). It may only be a matter of time before ERS is banned same as it is in other countries.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lexman8 For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 5th, 2018, 13:47   #12
Lexman8
Premier Member

Quote:
Just been advised by Harratts its a supply issue so they have temporarily removed the winter pack and replaced with with winter pack ii.

No ETA on when this will be resolved but it is definitely temporary. You can choose to wait if you wish but can't commit to a delivery date
This 'supply issue' excuse has been used before by Harratts. I'm not convinced.
Old Feb 5th, 2018, 13:48   #13
Lexman8
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassell View Post
Just an observation without me trawling through the current spec sheets, my understanding is that if HUD is specified you cannot have a heated screen.
Correct.
Old Feb 5th, 2018, 15:06   #14
senwar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexman8 View Post
This 'supply issue' excuse has been used before by Harratts. I'm not convinced.
I did email Clive Brooks in Huddersfield earlier asking about this, so I'll see what they come back with.

I'm still leaning towards having it after thinking about it anyway. Its not that much per month and I didn't realise the car came without lamp washers unless you got the winter pack as well.
senwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2018, 15:07   #15
senwar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexman8 View Post
Yes, VoC is used (and works very well) but pre-heating using the aux fuel heater isn't standard except on the T8. You can pre-heat (of sorts) using ERS but it's less effective and might annoy the neighbours (as well as produce extra emissions). It may only be a matter of time before ERS is banned same as it is in other countries.
Cheers - no biggie not to use pre heat that way then to be honest, I probably used it once on the Golf anyway
Old Feb 5th, 2018, 15:11   #16
senwar

Quote:
I did email Clive Brooks in Huddersfield earlier asking about this, so I'll see what they come back with.

I'm still leaning towards having it after thinking about it anyway. Its not that much per month and I didn't realise the car came without lamp washers unless you got the winter pack as well.
Actually, they've just come back saying the same but they've contacted Volvo direct to discuss and said will get back to me tomorrow
Old Feb 17th, 2018, 20:54   #17
BigKahuna

I ordered an XC60 Inscription on 15th Feb with Winter pack II. When the order confirmation came through it also included WP I (£200) When I questioned it they confirmed it was the Heated screen and was included due to the fact that it was a reserved build slot car that they had amended to my requirements. They threw it in for no extra so a Win/Win for me I'd say

Last edited by BigKahuna; Feb 17th, 2018 at 21:19.
BigKahuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2018, 21:32   #18
nu11eaf
Premier Member

Is the heated screen now in the options list instead of the winter pack, they may have removed it from winter pack as stated earlier if you want HUD you had to remove heated screen from winter pack.
nu11eaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2018, 21:43   #19
BigKahuna

Quote:
Originally Posted by nu11eaf View Post
Is the heated screen now in the options list instead of the winter pack, they may have removed it from winter pack as stated earlier if you want HUD you had to remove heated screen from winter pack.
My understanding is that there are current production problems with the HFS which is why they've removed it from the Winter pack (Renaming it WP II), which is what I ordered. I think I was just lucky as they had reserved a build slot for my vehicle a while ago before the problems arose so seems I'm getting it.

Of course things may change again on Monday when MY19 details are released.
Old Feb 18th, 2018, 09:14   #20
XC60 Jockey

Paul

Your point about HUD and heated front windscreen is correct.

I made the mistake of assuming that I would have a heated front screen having specified a HUD and was disappointed on delivery. Fortunately I have remote conditioning so this partly deals with the issue.

XC60 T8 Insciption Pro.
XC60 Jockey is offline   Reply With Quote