Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Panoramic Roof

Views : 2432

Replies : 28

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 15th, 2018, 23:32   #11
mike95

Quote:
Originally Posted by nu11eaf View Post
If your budget can stretch to it I would go for the xenium pack which includes the paanoramic roof and 360 cameras etc.
I agree. better value package.

Mike
Old Feb 16th, 2018, 00:16   #12
Quacker
Premier Member

I’ve had many many cars, some with sun roof and some without. While the Volvo’s is the best so far, in all honesty I never miss a sunroof on a car without. The Volvo was in stock and has the xenium pack. If factory ordering the car I would have specified the surround cameras but not the sunroof or the blind spot monitor. However I’m certainly happy to have it all.

I most certainly wouldn’t even consider having a car without climate control but with a sunroof instead.
Old Feb 16th, 2018, 01:28   #13
pagan8c
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike95 View Post
I agree. better value package.

Mike
This is what I did. My wife loves the 360 cameras as it makes parking so much easier. She now says that when we change it will have to have the 360 degree cameras.
pagan8c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2018, 10:20   #14
uro1

I had one once one but never specced it again. Some things to consider:

- Front passengers can not look out of it without looking back.
- Rear passenger usually love it.
- You will have a hotter car in the summer. There is a shadow screen but it helps only so much.
- It actually helps with your bike rack as you can check on the bikes while driving.

As I use my car most of the time alone and mount my bikes on the trailer hitch to me the drawbacks are worse than the advantages but you seem to have other circumstances.
Old Feb 16th, 2018, 12:53   #15
apnicolle

I’d say it’s almost essential to lift the interior of the car, especially if you have a black headlining and want to avoid ‘essence du cofffin’ when driving around.
Last summer the screen was more than adequate in blocking out the sun when needed, and it’s a pretty cool feature that it shuts itself when hot, or shut by app/key when you’ve left it open by mistake.
V90 Cross Country D4 2017 Polestar, XC90 D5 ES 2014, C70 T5 SE 2008, S60 2.0T SE2006, V40 1.9D SE 2004, S40 1.8GDI SE 2002
apnicolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2018, 15:21   #16
Whiterdesign
Master Member

Totally agree love mine.
Old Feb 16th, 2018, 15:53   #17
Waggatron

Thank you all....an overwhelming response that it's a great feature to have.

Well I guess you only live once.... so perhaps the Xenium pack might have to be ticked after all :0)

thanks again......
Waggatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2018, 14:53   #18
senwar

Ordered mine earlier and decided to pass on the roof. Not worthwhile on a lease due to the cost.

Shame as I would have liked it but when it came to finalising I actually dropped a few things I always thought I’d have. Will definitely go xenium if I buy next time.
senwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2018, 15:47   #19
volvo for ever
Premier Member

it would be interesting to find out who has had problems with them .especially parking on slight incline pouring in water ....

depending which way parked water entry from rear or upper roof consul
volvo for ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2018, 16:32   #20
Quacker
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by volvo for ever View Post
it would be interesting to find out who has had problems with them .especially parking on slight incline pouring in water ....

depending which way parked water entry from rear or upper roof consul
My cars are always parked on an incline, because my yard is steep. Mostly noses down hill but occasionally nose up. Never had a problem with sunroofs leaking yet and the first such car was an Audi 90 Quattro. This had a steel electric single panel and I remember that it cost a ridiculous £1800 back in 1988. I bought the car as an ex-Audi demonstrator that "had never been raced or rallied". Three weeks after I bought it, the my car featured in a Sunday paper review of it with Sue Baker at the wheel and a big sticker on its side saying "Audi Performance Driving School". My dealer nearly had a seizure when I showed him the photo.

My Land Cruiser is now only a few months away from its twentieth birthday and the glass panel roof still works fine, but I must admit that it isn't opened more than half a dozen times a year.