Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

From XC60 to Porsche Macan or BMW X3?

Views : 161239

Replies : 1567

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Apr 22nd, 2016, 23:23   #11
Arianne
Premier Member

Here's something interesting & different amongst the 'sea of almost endless positive and identical' video reviews:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsOsMHLVclM

I don't necessarily agree with him completely but he does make some valid and thought provoking comments throughout the video.

What caught my attention occurs just after 6:00 mins into the video where he references the VEA 4cyl Volvo engines now across the XC90 range as well as the 60 series. It chimes with my own feeling and the comments made by some others on this thread about XC90 D5 performance vs. LR Discovery in a drag race out of the French autoroute toll booths, fully laden. In the XC60 the VEA D4, turtle permitting, is a peppy engine and very fuel efficient but the soundtrack isn't like the old D5 engine nor as refined.

One week before our test drive and I promise faithfully to provide an honest and comprehensive write up. You can see from my posting this YouTube link that I am still trying my best to be balanced and not fall under the spell of the F-Pace! It's not easy although that price tag helps keep me objective when I think about it!

Best wishes to all. It's been a busy week and there hasn't been anything much for me to say about this topic for the last few days - which is why I eased off! But I found this video review and thought you might find it interesting, perhaps even a little provocative?

Have a nice weekend.

Arianne

Tags
bmw x3, porsche macan