Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Performance Volvo Cars

Notices

Performance Volvo Cars A forum for those interested in any Volvo performance car from any era, FWD, RWD and AWD!

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Highish mileage S60R a money pit??

Views : 14323

Replies : 57

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 3rd, 2010, 18:07   #21
scottishv8owner

1750 for a slave cylinder?
scottishv8owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7th, 2010, 19:21   #22
s1monc

I have a 2004 model V70 R. I bought it from main dealer in 2006 with 31,000 miles on the clock, 4 years later & its on 74,000 miles now.

Its my wife's car but we normally use it for going on holidays to France etc. Had it serviced at Volvo for the 1st year then after that saved myself a fortune by getting a friend with a garage to do it who happens to be a ex Volvo tec, i've done him a few favours so it costs me next to nothing.

Drivers heated seat stopped working but i haven't bothered to fix, alarm siren gone faulty (codes read) comes up with alarm req service everytime you start car but then goes out, its going to cost me £77 for new alarm siren kit (Volvo wanted £264 fitted !). Car started loosing power /boost intermittantly,read codes & i fitted new fuel pressure sensor (again Volvo wanted about £250 fitted) part was about £100 from memory. Every now & again the chassis settings req comes on (very rarely comes on),read codes & needs new LH Acceleration sensor which i can fit.
I've gone through 2 sets of tyres & lots of petrol, mine seems to average around 24mpg lots of short school trips.

So apart from that lot no other problems so far, although heavy depreciation !

It doesn't get driven that hard as the Mrs mostly drives it, i do thrash it now & again but i prefer my M5 as its quicker & sounds nicer to

I hope to change the V70 R in the next 2yrs for one of the new V70 D5's as i just couldn't be without the load space in the Volvo.

Cheers Simon.
s1monc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2010, 11:26   #23
roy chu1

Hi all, yes the S60 R is a great car, looks wise and the interior I love very much however I would have loved the Atacama Option, but as it was bought used 2 years ago, it was hard to find a good example.

I bought it with 48k in March 08 which now has 75k to date. When I first got it, I serviced all the fluids at a high cost from volvo along with a Feul Pressure sensor and TCV just to be safe. I have the IPD one in the garage but will fit it at some point.

I have been through 2 sets of front brake pads, and recently fitted about 4 weeks ago, new disc and pads all round all oem and hand brake shoes. Brakes blead twice, oil changed 6 times in the past 2 years. Just did all the belts and pullys however I forgot to do the water pump.

That can wait another few K. I have been through 2 sets of tyres, Pirelli which the car came with and then GSD3's which were awesome but now disconitnued :-(. I now run The F1 Assym which are ok, but they have not lasted as long as the GSD3's. My next ones in about a month after my new problems will be the Vredesteins Sessanta, fitted them to my Aunties car and my cousins 330CI, they love them.

My new issue is a weapy Clutch Slave Cylinder, so looks like a new clutch as well. Not sure about a flywheel, will have to check the condition, at 700 pounds a pop, thats harsh. Another alternative would be the Billet Steel Flywheel, will keep you informed on the R's up keep. Gives the creater of this post an idea of what to expect. I was indeed surprised that the CSC started leaking, I thought the parts lasted longer than this, but Volvo said this is wear and tear.

Oh my front wheels are spinning more than usual, this could be the Collar Gear Failure, so thank you very much to V70 Geoff, I will get that remedied as well. Its an expensive couple of months for cars, but it has to be done.
roy chu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2010, 22:56   #24
icooney
S60 T6 R-Design P*

I have the 2003 S60R, and love it, have done some bits to it, (see sig) Never had a problem and its now i think at 103k

S60R - MTE, 3" cust ex't, ITG, Aquamist + DDS3, Evolve springs, cust 3" CAI, Greddy Infro touch, Blitz Boost guage+Cust POD, QBM Strut, EST disks, EBC Yellow, SuperBlue fluid, '08 rear light conversion-tinted, IMIV, 12" Alpine sub+Amp, Parrot MKi9200
icooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30th, 2010, 12:03   #25
Libra
weighing things up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libra View Post
These are great cars to own and drive as I am just starting to realise after 5 ish months of ownership. So I still have to replace the front struts (one is knocking) and two new tyres, but other than that I am more than happy with my Volvo.

I did not know there was only 201 of the R in the UK
Well I replaced the front struts with a bill over £1K and tyres.

I think, yes high milage S60R AWD and V70R AWD are money pits.
Libra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13th, 2010, 08:56   #26
tdi

I just bought one from my local volvo dealer, i pick it up on thursday its a 2003 auto, keeping fingers crossed it doesn't become a money pit !
tdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14th, 2010, 11:45   #27
Libra
weighing things up

Good luck. Whats the colour spec - what toys are on it, TV/Sat Nav/phone, 18" Pegs Atacamca interior.
Libra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16th, 2010, 08:55   #28
tdi

the car is silver, the only option is a sunroof and of course the auto box which is a shame but with so few available beggars can't be choosers. I'm happy enough with it though.
tdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23rd, 2010, 19:44   #29
Stylus

Would have loved one of these if it wasn't for all the trouble.
Early in the thread Don mentioned a post '05 my t5.Please excuse my ignorance but what does the my stand for , is it the enigine code ?
Stylus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23rd, 2010, 19:49   #30
volvo145
Premier Member

my =model year
volvo145 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to volvo145 For This Useful Post: