Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Message "on call - service required"

Views : 69990

Replies : 86

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 25th, 2012, 15:28   #21
XC90 Dave

Default On Call De-activated

Finally got the new microphone fitted and the re-registration details for the On-call, after registration appears to be working OK, fingers crossed! As an additional item my current dealer had to obtain the registration details for the On-call separately from Volvo On-Call, transferring access as only 1 dealer is eligible to access this information.
XC90 Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2014, 15:19   #22
Eli 1264

Default 2008 v70 d5

Hi Everyone, Appollogize if this post is in the wrong place (new member). I have been reading a thread regarding the " On Call Service Required" and i also have the same problem. Every 3 days it come on so off to the garage for a reset, i have spoken to my main dealer who says a possible PHM Module fault (£1000 to replace and £132 p/h labour). i have read about a fuse reset but i have read on any about the V70. Does anyone know what fuse to pull to make the " On Call" disappear?

Thanks
Chris
Eli 1264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2014, 18:15   #23
Bigice

If you have an xc90 then you need pull fuse 14, drivers side fuse box, its the phone fuse on the plastic cover to show where its located.... wait a few mins then put it back in...
Bigice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2014, 19:08   #24
AndySaxton

The fuse thing can work, and did for me for a while, then one day stopped working.

The problem can also be because of the On Call backup battery has gone flat, or because the microphone has broken, or in my case because the Volvo OnCall subscription ran out. I think the latter is the real reason for most people's issues.

I had a gripe with the main dealer and after a curt letter they agreed to pay for a years worth of Volvo OnCall and miraculously the problem went away!
AndySaxton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2014, 08:13   #25
rob xc90

Smile Cell phone working!!!!

Hey Guys
Many thanks for the advice on getting the phone kit in my XC90 working. Did the old fuse trick and stuck in a live sim card and hey presto PHONE came up on radio screen. I do have a music streaming car kit in it but this will be great for emergencies where signal coverage might be poor.
Thanks again for the invaluable info
Rob
rob xc90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2014, 18:55   #26
XC90 Dave

Default On Call Backup Battery

On call service required has raised it's head again, diagnosed as the back up battery needing replacement, car only 4 years old. Dealer replacement very expensive, therefore, has any one done the replacement themselves with either a genuine or look alike battery?
Old May 30th, 2014, 19:23   #27
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XC90 Dave View Post
On call service required has raised it's head again, diagnosed as the back up battery needing replacement, car only 4 years old. Dealer replacement very expensive, therefore, has any one done the replacement themselves with either a genuine or look alike battery?
This has never actualy been the battery in my experience , It is the algorithm the software uses to calculate the battery condition .
It needs a battery reset at the dealer .

If yours is a 2011 model year it could be the Phone module faulty , your dealer should know which cars are involved .

It is easy to test the battery it should be 6 volts or above .
Old May 30th, 2014, 23:03   #28
GJB
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clan View Post
This has never actualy been the battery in my experience , It is the algorithm the software uses to calculate the battery condition .

If yours is a 2011 model year it could be the Phone module faulty , your dealer should know which cars are involved .

Had this on my 2010 3 months ago and was exactly as Clan says, dealer diagnosed over the phone and did job for £50 including VAT ( M R King Halesworth )
GJB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GJB For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 2nd, 2014, 12:00   #29
XC90 Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clan View Post

I did what Clan suggested (thanks) and because the car was dealer serviced no charge for resetting the software, "On Call Service" now appears to have gone away, although the dealer did say that the battery only had 30% life left!

This again poses the question what to do if the battery does finally fail?
Old Jun 2nd, 2014, 19:10   #30
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XC90 Dave View Post
I did what Clan suggested (thanks) and because the car was dealer serviced no charge for resetting the software, "On Call Service" now appears to have gone away, although the dealer did say that the battery only had 30% life left!

This again poses the question what to do if the battery does finally fail?
I have never known a battery actualy fail yet . It is a Lithium Manganese Dioxide 6 volt battery a 2 cell and quite large . A voltage check on the output terminals is the best way to determine it's condition .