Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

New 2011 Volvo Specifications

Views : 51810

Replies : 325

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 19th, 2010, 13:06   #321
XCF
Master Member

And the refridgerated arm rest is also no longer listed as an option on the Exec model.
XCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2010, 10:22   #322
Julsq

Default Downgraded leather specs

And, according to this brochure and the configurator, they seem to have ditched the old luxury leather spec (CM0 -X) with extra padding, contrast piping etc... to match the old lower-end luxury leather spec (C70 -X)...which they now call CM0 -X!!!!

How confusing...
Julsq is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Julsq For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 21st, 2010, 23:22   #323
welshlad
XC90 D5 Exec: Black/Beige

Default Have Pearlescent Paints gone?

Looking at the MY11 Brochure for the XC90 it seems that they have done away with all the Pearlescent paints. Everything is now either solid paint or metallic.

Colours that used to be pearl are now listed as metallic, e.g. Magic Blue, Oyster Grey, Inscription Ember Black, Saville Grey, Caper Green. In the options/price list it also now states just "Metallic Paint" rather than "Metallic/Pearlescent Paint" as per the MY10 brochure, so I don't think it's a misprint.

They've also removed the Inscription White Pearl paint altogether which is a pain - I was considering that for my XC90 Executive.

So will the metallics look sufficiently similar to the equivalent pearls? Will anyone who's ordered a pearl finish, actually get a metallic finish instead?

Can anyone shed any light on this?
welshlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 2010, 09:07   #324
allan1002
allan1002

Quote:
Originally Posted by XC90 Dave View Post
This was information I was given on making an enquiry.

"Volvo have sold out of the current XC90 & it is due to have a few specification changes (eg the Active will no longer have active headlights, heated washer nozzles or headlight washers)."

I believe the cars officially go on sale on 19th March 2010.
Please has can anyone tell me where i can get the 2011 spec for an XC90 SE Premium Geartronic. I have just placed an order with a dealer but i want to be sure of what i am getting.
Thanks
Allan
allan1002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 2010, 20:15   #325
The Painter

Quote:
Originally Posted by welshlad View Post
Looking at the MY11 Brochure for the XC90 it seems that they have done away with all the Pearlescent paints. Everything is now either solid paint or metallic.

Colours that used to be pearl are now listed as metallic, e.g. Magic Blue, Oyster Grey, Inscription Ember Black, Saville Grey, Caper Green. In the options/price list it also now states just "Metallic Paint" rather than "Metallic/Pearlescent Paint" as per the MY10 brochure, so I don't think it's a misprint.

They've also removed the Inscription White Pearl paint altogether which is a pain - I was considering that for my XC90 Executive.

So will the metallics look sufficiently similar to the equivalent pearls? Will anyone who's ordered a pearl finish, actually get a metallic finish instead?

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Sadly Inscription White has been discontinued, but has been replaced with Flamenco Red Pearlescent, which I have chosen, other than that Inscription Silver is still available.
The Painter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2010, 11:53   #326
Bathurst

I was in a dilemma when hearing the news on the model year changes for the XC90, as I was soon going to take delivery of an Active spec (geartronic, winter pack, power child locks, airbag cut off switch and running boards). The differences between a MY2010 and MY2011 Active spec as far as I could tell was the MY2010 had the Xenon Active Bending Lights as standard and the MY2011 did not. The only other option that a MY2011 could spec was integrated bluetooth, but as I could spec this up albeit as a 3rd party option was not too bothered so stuck with the MY2010 and saved some money in the process due to the lighting (which was more valuable to me than integrated bluetooth).

Having spoken to the suppying dealer there are no engine changes or any other changes of any real significance.

Not sure of changes on SE/Exec as I didn't look in to it any further.

T.
Bathurst is offline   Reply With Quote