Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Problem with car modem

Views : 18579

Replies : 118

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 5th, 2020, 19:18   #111
simonjedrake
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steladamo View Post
Booked for a service next Wednesday but I am thinking of resetting the car by unplugging the battery prior to going to the garage.
There is no harm in giving it a try, it’s the fix that the even your Volvo technician will normally try 1st for such issues - think of it like a “Control-Alt-Delete” on your PC/Phone. Just take care to avoid the obvious & allow at least 5 mins for the capacitors, etc to drain to allow a full reset before reconnecting.
Old Feb 13th, 2020, 05:28   #112
fullfast

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullfast View Post
So removed the "Automatic" part from it and added in the app manually, saved the profile and then protected it........fingers crossed this has worked perfectly on both my XC90 and the wife XC40, multiple lengths of time left between start ups and all good

FINGERS CROSSED
Confirmation that since completing this it now connects fine and within 1 minute of starting the car Spotify and internet based bits are flowing perfectly on both vehicles
fullfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2020, 14:49   #113
steladamo

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonjedrake View Post
There is no harm in giving it a try, it’s the fix that the even your Volvo technician will normally try 1st for such issues - think of it like a “Control-Alt-Delete” on your PC/Phone. Just take care to avoid the obvious & allow at least 5 mins for the capacitors, etc to drain to allow a full reset before reconnecting.
Unfortunately, service been postponed for next week but the reset with removing the battery poles did not work either. So for the time being i use the WiFi option. I have to say at least Volvo gives you many option to connect the cat to the Internet.
Old Feb 18th, 2020, 07:08   #114
Popyalkovsky

Hi guys, same Problem in Germany, only after I sad about the TJ number from this forum, my dealer offered me to make Big Update( about 90min). Today at 10:00 UTC I will give my Xc60 Inscription B4 2020 away and later I will report about how will work my modem after update!
Regards!
Popyalkovsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2020, 17:28   #115
Popyalkovsky

No updates fir my car, its all new and has to work properly sad my dealer. I use o2 Datacard, he sad I have to try Telekom or Vodafone. Something with very good coverage, no low cost. So, I just will find some deal from both better Operators and will see, if it works better...
Do you use some good operator or low cost?
Popyalkovsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4th, 2020, 08:54   #116
elvin1848

Hello to everyone!

I just joined the forum as I have internet connectivity issues with my XC60 late 2019 - maybe you guys can help me :-)

I am using a vodafone sim card which was working several months fine. Suddenly, I'm getting the message "No connection to service" in the "Download Center". Reason seems to be that no internet connection is available.

Dealer has no solution for me. I experienced the following this week:

When I am close to a vodafone radio station everything is working fine. In the sensus I got the little globe at the top left corner - I assume this means Internet connection is available.

This morning I travelled a few hours from city to city through countryside. Besides the vodafone car sim, I had a smartphone with different vodafone sim with me in the car. I compared the signal strength of car sim and smartphone sim..... It seemed that the signal strength for the car sim was much worse :-(

I just talked to the dealer, but he had no explaination. He tries to get an answer from Volvo how to check the antenna.

2 questions:
1)Did anyone of you experienced bad signal strength for the car modem?

2)Do you any way to get any information if currently only edge, 3g or 4g is available for the car modem? In the sensus I can just see the rising bars for signal strength.

Thanks in advance!
elvin1848 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4th, 2020, 19:44   #117
Lexman8
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvin1848 View Post
1)Did anyone of you experienced bad signal strength for the car modem?
Can't hep you with this as I always tether my phone for data because the modem in my car is only 3G.

Quote:
2)Do you any way to get any information if currently only edge, 3g or 4g is available for the car modem? In the sensus I can just see the rising bars for signal strength.
I don't think there's any way of displaying the type of connection. But your MY2019 car is fitted with a 4G modem (earlier cars like mine have a 3G modem).
Old Mar 4th, 2020, 20:48   #118
James77

Any idea when the modem cut over was from 3g to 4g?

I have a very late 2018 xc60 I think that makes it my19?
Old Mar 4th, 2020, 20:51   #119
Lexman8
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by James77 View Post
Any idea when the modem cut over was from 3g to 4g?

I have a very late 2018 xc60 I think that makes it my19?
4G modems were introduced with MY2018, so from about April 2017 production.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lexman8 For This Useful Post: