Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Parrot CK3100

Views : 2610

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 7th, 2012, 21:23   #1
chunky monkey

Default Parrot CK3100

Having seen/read several posts regarding the installation of the CK3100 Parrot Handsfree kit and being confused myself by which lead, where it plugs in....etc.. This is what I done :

ISO-SOT-8583-t lead from e-bay ( About £15 )
Plugs in at amp under drivers seat
Blue box under cupholder in centre console
Parrot LCD Screen under air vent but above radio ( stuck on )
Microphone at top of ' A ' pillar ( wire down door rubber & under seat )

Did have to swap Orange and Red wires over ( at fuseholders ) to get the switched and constant lives the right way round.
You need to get the 'goodbye' message on the screen and you won't if lives are wrong.

Very pleased with the install and the way it works.
Hope this helps.
chunky monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2012, 09:53   #2
undercoverxc90

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunky monkey View Post
Having seen/read several posts regarding the installation of the CK3100 Parrot Handsfree kit and being confused myself by which lead, where it plugs in....etc.. This is what I done :

ISO-SOT-8583-t lead from e-bay ( About £15 )
Plugs in at amp under drivers seat
Blue box under cupholder in centre console
Parrot LCD Screen under air vent but above radio ( stuck on )
Microphone at top of ' A ' pillar ( wire down door rubber & under seat )

Did have to swap Orange and Red wires over ( at fuseholders ) to get the switched and constant lives the right way round.
You need to get the 'goodbye' message on the screen and you won't if lives are wrong.

Very pleased with the install and the way it works.
Hope this helps.
hi chunky monkey
The car I bought needs the constant live switching around as I don't get the 'goodbye' message. Whereabouts should I start looking for the fuseholders you mention? Are they easy to get to?
Cheers,
Mike
undercoverxc90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2012, 22:23   #3
chunky monkey

Default Parrot CK3100

Hi Undercover xc90,
You need to find the blue 'parrot' box ( where it all plugs in ) then off that there is a power loom with a black box and the red and orange wires and fuse holders are after that. No need to cut any wires , just swap at fuses. Hope this helps but, not everybody fits them in the same place / fashion. I think but dont quote me... if you dont get 'goodbye' message its still 'on'. Good luck.
Regards Mark.
Old Jan 29th, 2012, 12:01   #4
undercoverxc90

Thanks for the reply.
I'm not even sure where to start investigating, any tips on getting behind there to see? I can remove the 2 long strips with the vents as they are just clipped on, but I guess I need to start unscrewing things! Presuming, say, the parrot box is on the drivers side behind the radio, how do I get behind there? Any advice appreciated
Cheer
Mike
Old Jan 29th, 2012, 16:54   #5
chunky monkey

Default parrot ck3100

Hi undercoverxc90,

Don't know what you mean '2 long strips with the vents'....

Anyway If you mean taking the radio out to explore behind it,( you will need a torx bit / torx screwdriver ) the gear lever surround comes lifts up, if you open the cup holder ,then you should be able to get in the gap and lift it ( silver part closest the gear lever seperates ) you may have to move gear selector back and forwards to remove, ( into neutral I think )
Make sure you use handbrake at this point.... Once these parts removed should see some torx screws under the switches ( mirrors DSTC sensors etc.. ) you only need to remove two of them but can't remember if its the inner pair or outer pair ( think one pair just releases switch panel ).

The radio unit should then come out.... Was a while ago I did it though..

I fittted my 'blue parrot box' under the cup holder sort of area, maybe worth checking there.

Hope this helps

Regards Mark.
The Following User Says Thank You to chunky monkey For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 29th, 2012, 18:55   #6
undercoverxc90

Thanks for the reply Mark - that really helps.

Sorry for the confusion on the my description - there are carpeted strips of trim that run either side of the centre console - each has a plastic vent ( at least I think that what they are ) - they just clip off, but don't give access to the wiring I need ( I think the passenger side panel is how you get to the parking brake adjuster ). I was making sense in my own head

Thanks again

Mike
Old Jan 29th, 2012, 22:14   #7
Ron_XC90
Master Member

Mike, have a look at how I installed my parrot, which will also show you how to get underneath the cupholder area and how to remove the radio unit:
http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=107172
Member of the Gloucestershire & Worcestershire 4x4 Response group. www.gw4x4r.co.uk
Ron_XC90 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ron_XC90 For This Useful Post: