Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Seatbelt recall

Views : 6825

Replies : 56

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 13th, 2021, 18:52   #41
Custard Avenger

Sorry, my post isn't clear.

After the recall work the belt buckle at rest on the B-pillar sits much lower, meaning when reaching over myself with my left hand, I can no longer grasp the buckle to pull across. I have to reach down with my right hand to bring it up higher. My wife noticed first when sitting in the passenger seat. It needs to have the plastic button on webbing moved up about 6".
Custard Avenger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Custard Avenger For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 13th, 2021, 19:59   #42
TeamG
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deck1ng View Post
This number on eBay represents 2xbuckle extensions. Not the buttons.

It would appear that on some vehicles it’s easier to remove the problem totally by removing the strap between floor fixing and anchor point.
Does anyone know on which vehicles the buckle is lower to the floor, on which it ends up higher up and on which (if any) it’s at the same height?

After my aborted experience getting mine sorted at Volvo Cardiff, I’m contemplating not having the recall done, inspecting the strap at service intervals and making do.
2008 V50 2.0D SE (sold)
TeamG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14th, 2021, 08:29   #43
Deck1ng
Master Member

Mine has ended up higher on my 2012 xc60. But on inspection it was the rubber sleeve that was damaged and worn , the retaining strap looked okay (to me). In retrospect I would have preferred to have had a like for like replacement.
Deck1ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14th, 2021, 14:46   #44
AndyJudge
Premier Member

Can't really say I've noticed the buckle sitting lower on mine since it was done. Not sure it the complete belts were replaced as the Lower anchor point is now direct to the seat rather than the short flexy cable bit as it was before.
Previous 2001 C70 T5 GT Auto Convertible - Saffron
Previous 1999 S40 XS - Silver
AndyJudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15th, 2021, 13:11   #45
Deck1ng
Master Member

[QUOTE=TeamG;2728492
After my aborted experience getting mine sorted at Volvo Cardiff, I’m contemplating not having the recall done, inspecting the strap at service intervals and making do.[/QUOTE]

I knew I’d read something about MOTs and recalls, but I see the section below is dated Nov 2017. So it may not have happened.

Quote,
Cars could automatically fail their MOT if they haven't had important recall work done. A government body has recommended that all MOT testers should check cars for any recall work. If this hasn't been done, they will then be able to refuse to give the car a valid MOT certificate.8 Nov 2017
End quote.
Old Apr 15th, 2021, 15:52   #46
Kev0607
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamG View Post
Does anyone know on which vehicles the buckle is lower to the floor, on which it ends up higher up and on which (if any) it’s at the same height?

After my aborted experience getting mine sorted at Volvo Cardiff, I’m contemplating not having the recall done, inspecting the strap at service intervals and making do.
That isn't a wise idea. Its a safety recall.

If the car was involved in an accident, your insurance company could refuse to pay out on the basis that the car was recalled for a safety issue & you didn't get it attended to.

I'd suggest bringing it to another dealership. Don't just leave it.
Old Jun 29th, 2021, 13:43   #47
Deck1ng
Master Member

Well, following another thread on the forum, lead me to a link regarding recalls. Which when I entered my reg number said I should contact a dealer 1 recall outstanding. Having made the call I was passed to Volvo HQ, who said I need new seatbelt anchor points fitting. I politely pointed out this has been undertaken on Nov 5th 2020 at my local dealership. All went quite, and once again I was transferred to my local dealer (who did the original work). They explained they did not have the correct parts in Nov to do the recall, so fitted a temp anchor point.
Oh what a pity they failed to pass that information to the customer. Me.
I was lead to believe this recall was completed.
So we go back on the 9 July to have another go. Quick enough to offer a glass coating on all surfaces inside the car to combat covid (rejected @£99) or a fumigation for £20, (also rejected) (a big selling point when the time comes), and finally a fuel tank treatment to gain more mpg, (again rejected at £20). Are they so desperate for work.
I did get a free courtesy car for the day 😕.
The Following User Says Thank You to Deck1ng For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 29th, 2021, 15:22   #48
Kev0607
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deck1ng View Post
Well, following another thread on the forum, lead me to a link regarding recalls. Which when I entered my reg number said I should contact a dealer 1 recall outstanding. Having made the call I was passed to Volvo HQ, who said I need new seatbelt anchor points fitting. I politely pointed out this has been undertaken on Nov 5th 2020 at my local dealership. All went quite, and once again I was transferred to my local dealer (who did the original work). They explained they did not have the correct parts in Nov to do the recall, so fitted a temp anchor point.
Oh what a pity they failed to pass that information to the customer. Me.
I was lead to believe this recall was completed.
So we go back on the 9 July to have another go. Quick enough to offer a glass coating on all surfaces inside the car to combat covid (rejected @£99) or a fumigation for £20, (also rejected) (a big selling point when the time comes), and finally a fuel tank treatment to gain more mpg, (again rejected at £20). Are they so desperate for work.
I did get a free courtesy car for the day 😕.
Typical dealership offering extra ‘services’ for daft prices.
Old Jun 29th, 2021, 20:55   #49
uniqueue

make sure they connect the belt to the anchorage when they have fitted it
Otherwise its F... all use at all !!!!
uniqueue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29th, 2021, 23:05   #50
Deck1ng
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by uniqueue View Post
make sure they connect the belt to the anchorage when they have fitted it
Otherwise its F... all use at all !!!!
This time around I’ll be forearmed, I will take photographs before and after, of the work carried out.