Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Car running rough after injector change(D2)

Views : 2721

Replies : 12

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 23rd, 2017, 18:15   #1
stevien1

Default Car running rough after injector change(D2)

Got the "dreaded anti skid service required" fault last week on the car so had to get it towed to the main dealer. Called me saying issue was injector 2 so gave them the go ahead to change at a heavy cost. Got the car back on Wednesday with faults all cleared but the car sounds like a tractor and at low revs is very jumpy till you pass 2k rpm. The drive is terrible. I have contacted the main dealer and car is going back in on Monday but did anyone have this issue before. They said they test drove the car but anyone would have noticed the car wasn't right so not holding out much hope of a fix. Getting sick of the car now after doing the dpf sensor only a month ago.

Cheers
Steve
stevien1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23rd, 2017, 20:13   #2
Bloders2

i swapped an injector out and it was awful. could not be bothered faffing so fitted a set of 4 from euro car parts (reconditioned ones) car been fine since.
Bloders2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23rd, 2017, 20:28   #3
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevien1 View Post
Got the "dreaded anti skid service required" fault last week on the car so had to get it towed to the main dealer. Called me saying issue was injector 2 so gave them the go ahead to change at a heavy cost. Got the car back on Wednesday with faults all cleared but the car sounds like a tractor and at low revs is very jumpy till you pass 2k rpm. The drive is terrible. I have contacted the main dealer and car is going back in on Monday but did anyone have this issue before. They said they test drove the car but anyone would have noticed the car wasn't right so not holding out much hope of a fix. Getting sick of the car now after doing the dpf sensor only a month ago.

Cheers
Steve
A new injector needs the latest ECM software and the Injector adaption road test which they should have carried out ...
Old Jun 23rd, 2017, 21:12   #4
chiptivo
Premier Member

How the feck did the garage conclude that a "anti skid service required" was a fault with injector 2??

Impossible!
Old Jun 24th, 2017, 03:17   #5
Dancake
Premier Member

On some vehicles the traction control systems are controlled by regulating fuel injection on specific cylinders. A faulty injector would mean that traction control could not be managed as efficiently. This would be a possible explanation. That said, the fuel regulation control method is normally coupled with the braking system, with rapid on/off braking being applied specifically to the spinning/affected wheels. I would be interested to hear how the garage conclusively diagnosed the fault though.
Dancake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2017, 07:54   #6
Bloders2

someone else had an anti skid issue and it turned out it was injector related quite recently - i was surprised at the time.
Im still not convinced the injectors need coding!
I fitted a full set, started the car and that was all - no coding or anything else.
Bloders2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2017, 08:43   #7
stevien1

Did the research and looks like that is the fault that appears when an injector goes. Checked the list of works on the receipt last night and it states a test drive was carried out to check the car and they were happy with it. When im back on Monday im going to suggest they drive another D2 engine car to compare the difference because its shocking. So much for main dealer expertise.
Old Jun 24th, 2017, 20:22   #8
blacklab

I reckon Volvo should change the ! in the red warning triangle to a £. The expense never seems to end on my v50 at least!
Had the anti skid message twice now but was abs module related. How much are the injectors on these out of interest?
blacklab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2017, 20:24   #9
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacklab View Post
I reckon Volvo should change the ! in the red warning triangle to a £. The expense never seems to end on my v50 at least!
Had the anti skid message twice now but was abs module related. How much are the injectors on these out of interest?
about £250 i think ...
Old Jun 24th, 2017, 22:44   #10
stevien1

For labour and part was €627 all in 🙁 I'm just worried it has 4 injectors. Seriously thinking about selling it on but I like the car just not the hassle and cost