Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Potential Buyer of S90

Views : 732

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 2nd, 2019, 09:42   #1
KayCee2

Default Potential Buyer of S90

Hi all Newbie Here
I am thinking of trading in my Lexus GS450 for a S90 momentum Petrol is there anything i should watch out for i have seen a 17 reg one and it looked quite tasty and plenty of goodies on
As io am getting on a bit now the performance of the Lexus is wasted as i just waft along these days any info would be appreciated
Thanks
Robert
KayCee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3rd, 2019, 23:27   #2
Chief inspector
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayCee2 View Post
Hi all Newbie Here
I am thinking of trading in my Lexus GS450 for a S90 momentum Petrol is there anything i should watch out for i have seen a 17 reg one and it looked quite tasty and plenty of goodies on
As io am getting on a bit now the performance of the Lexus is wasted as i just waft along these days any info would be appreciated
Thanks
Robert
Momentum is bottom trim so just make sure it has the gadgets you need. They dont have front parking sensors or heated seats unless specced for example, but have most else.

No real problems afflict them across the board, but there is of course the odd lemon.
Old Feb 7th, 2019, 09:45   #3
KayCee2

Thanks for that cheif i did notice on a few sales that they have different dashs it must be the base model only as speedo were upper one have Rev counter as well
One point i have never had disel cars (are they quiet in the cabin) seen loads of disel quite reasonable i suppose its the hype over diesel) mind i would rather have petrol. What would your advice be as i am not really into deisel i am not swapping lexus to come down i still like my toys

Thanks
KayCee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9th, 2019, 00:39   #4
dchbrown

I have a diesel v90 and it’s quiet on the inside but sounds like a tractor if you stand outside it!

I think that the 90 series Volvos are likely one of the most comfortable vehicles available, if you choose the right size wheels of course.

Spec wise the later model years have more kit as standard but it was all available as options on the earlier models.

Last edited by dchbrown; Feb 9th, 2019 at 00:45.
dchbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dchbrown For This Useful Post: