Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo Dealers

Views : 1568

Replies : 21

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 5th, 2019, 23:38   #11
Dibble
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jms153 View Post
I can vouch for Strathmore Volvo as have had dealings with them for over 20 years, both sales and service
I know of customers who travel down from Skye for servicing
Service for my v40 was at least £50 cheaper than the new John Clark dealership in Dundee using price checker on Volvo web site
Free curtacy car included with insurance, just add fuel
I wonder what happened to Barnetts Volvo in Dundee and suddenly John Clark had taken over the dealership. Barnetts had Volvo since the early 70's and had quite a few dedicated customers. My grandson took my Amazon across to John Clark and asked if he could put the car on their forecourt and take a few pictures. This wasn't permitted! Quite disappointing. I'm sure that would not have been a problem at Strathmore.
Dibble is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dibble For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 6th, 2019, 00:41   #12
SignumGB
XC70 Owner/VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dibble View Post
I wonder what happened to Barnetts Volvo in Dundee and suddenly John Clark had taken over the dealership. Barnetts had Volvo since the early 70's and had quite a few dedicated customers. My grandson took my Amazon across to John Clark and asked if he could put the car on their forecourt and take a few pictures. This wasn't permitted! Quite disappointing. I'm sure that would not have been a problem at Strathmore.
Strathmore are building a new showroom, so obviously committing to Volvo for the future. They have quite a decent niche market up there. Perthshire has plenty cash flowing around, so a good spot for a second hand volvo with toys in it.

2012 Volvo XC70 3.0L AWD T6 [CAN🍁]
2015 Volvo XC70 2.4L AWD D4 SE LUX - Sold 78,728 Miles (July 2023) [GB]
2012 Volvo XC70 2.4L AWD D3 SE LUX - Written off 76,500 Miles (Aug 2017)[GB]
SignumGB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SignumGB For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 8th, 2019, 12:06   #13
MLJXC60

Default Volvo Dealers

I have recently purchased a 2016 XC60 From Volvo Dundee ( John Clark Group) so far they have been great, no problems with any aspect, I have also used Strathmore in Perth over quite a long period with 3 different V70's again always very helpful and reasonable prices
MLJXC60 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MLJXC60 For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 8th, 2019, 13:30   #14
biggbn
I've Been Banned

Quote:
You should have just parked up and snapped away Bob. The new dealership is five minutes walk from my house so I get to drool over the new 90 series every day, although I must say, the big saloon and estate are the only volvos I really covet these days. Will pop over in the wee mini when the weather improves, get a look at the t5!!
biggbn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8th, 2019, 19:48   #15
e123

Quote:
Two related stories here, teiling that Barnetts were acquired by Eastern-Western of Edinburgh, but they only kept the VW/Mazda franchises and Volvo moved to John Clark.

https://www.am-online.com/news/deale...ts-motor-group

https://www.am-online.com/news/deale...tt-motor-group

The third story, in the Courier indicates the Barnett family are progressing their interest in property which follows what Ian Philp did when he exited fro Falkirk, Drymen and Oban.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/busi...on-pound-deal/
e123 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to e123 For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 8th, 2019, 22:12   #16
Discombobulated
Impressive Member

When looking for a V60 I saw one online at Taggarts Glasgow, I rang 3 times and spoke to 3 different sales advisors who all said they would ring me back and never did, complained to the sales manager after that and then bought a V60 from Southampton!
Discombobulated is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Discombobulated For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 9th, 2019, 01:08   #17
Dibble
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggbn View Post
You should have just parked up and snapped away Bob. The new dealership is five minutes walk from my house so I get to drool over the new 90 series every day, although I must say, the big saloon and estate are the only volvos I really covet these days. Will pop over in the wee mini when the weather improves, get a look at the t5!!
It was my grandson who had the car and he was quite disappointed with the response so I don't think they will get the benefit of my custom and will continue to take the S80 to Strathmore. Interesting read from E123 about Barnetts. I believe Bob died last year.
Dibble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th, 2019, 13:56   #18
e123

Different part of the country.

Back in October 2018, Mill Garages were taken over by Stoneacre. Stoneacre already have some Volvo dealerships in Lincolnshire, but the Yorkshire & North East are continuing to trade as Mill (albeit having "part of Stoneacre" on their website).
e123 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to e123 For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 11th, 2019, 18:48   #19
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by e123 View Post
Different part of the country.

Back in October 2018, Mill Garages were taken over by Stoneacre. Stoneacre already have some Volvo dealerships in Lincolnshire, but the Yorkshire & North East are continuing to trade as Mill (albeit having "part of Stoneacre" on their website).
Stoneacre will have their work cut out to drag Mill Newcastle up to a standard where I would consider using them. After a dreadful experience there 20 odd years ago, I started using Clelands and have never regretted it.
60041 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 60041 For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 11th, 2019, 21:09   #20
AndyJudge
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60041 View Post
Stoneacre will have their work cut out to drag Mill Newcastle up to a standard where I would consider using them. After a dreadful experience there 20 odd years ago, I started using Clelands and have never regretted it.
After they quoted me £350 more for the same service for my previous XC60 than Ray Chapmans in Malton/York as well as telling me a loan car wouldn't be available, they couldn't collect etc... I won't be using them.
Previous 2001 C70 T5 GT Auto Convertible - Saffron
Previous 1999 S40 XS - Silver
AndyJudge is offline   Reply With Quote