Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Electric seat adjustment failure

Views : 520

Replies : 8

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 12th, 2019, 17:37   #1
S60Chris
Master Member

Default Electric seat adjustment failure

Anyone else had any issues with the electric seat adjustment?

Passenger seat can no longer be moved forwards or backwards in our 2017 Inscription.

It's definitely something in the seat rather than the controls as it also wont move when you select passenger seat adjustment on Sensus and use the drivers side controls.

Other ranges of movement work and all the plugs and wires seem OK under the seat.

Not sure I've seen any similar issues on here, so possibly just unlucky and it's an uncommon failure somewhere.

Marshall's in Cambridge have, as always, been excellent - I've moved my service forwards a couple of weeks and it's going in on Friday for it and this to be looked at.
Old Feb 12th, 2019, 17:40   #2
Lexman8
Premier Member

I don't recall anyone else reporting a similar issue.
Old Feb 12th, 2019, 17:53   #3
LordLucan

are the drivers and passengers seats supplied by separate fuses? Have you checked none have operated?
Old Feb 12th, 2019, 17:55   #4
S60Chris
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordLucan View Post
are the drivers and passengers seats supplied by separate fuses? Have you checked none have operated?

No idea! I would have expected all ranges of movement to be on the same fuse though - it's only forwards/backwards that doesn't work. I can still raise/lower the seat, adjust lumbar and seat angle etc.
Old Feb 12th, 2019, 18:03   #5
nu11eaf
Premier Member

Check the connections under the seat, one may need pushing if it has been snagged.
XC90 Inscription D5 Power pulse, 2017 MY, Savile grey, Blond Nappa, Leather dash/door tops, Walnut inlays, Dark tinted windows, Air suspension, Bliss/Cross traffic alert, Xenium/7 seat comfort/Family/Winter packs, 4 zone climate, Heated rear seats.
nu11eaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13th, 2019, 12:19   #6
derek vivian

Default V90 Seat adjustment

My V90 (1997) has electric seat adjustment and just recently (like today!) the driver's seat stops shorter than it did. Any thoughts? I have checked for blockages etc to the runners, but all clear. The motor runs OK and I can adjust back then forward, but it stops a few inches short. I am mystified so wonder if anyone has had this problem and how it got sorted. The controls include memory buttons so my wife can easily adjust it forward as she is not very tall!
derek vivian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13th, 2019, 12:56   #7
LordLucan

Quote:
Originally Posted by derek vivian View Post
My V90 (1997) has electric seat adjustment and just recently (like today!) the driver's seat stops shorter than it did. Any thoughts? I have checked for blockages etc to the runners, but all clear. The motor runs OK and I can adjust back then forward, but it stops a few inches short. I am mystified so wonder if anyone has had this problem and how it got sorted. The controls include memory buttons so my wife can easily adjust it forward as she is not very tall!
Wrong subforum. This one relates to 2016> cars so its unlikely anyone here can help
Old Feb 15th, 2019, 19:21   #8
S60Chris
Master Member

So the dealership believed the seat motor was at fault, ordered the part from Sweden and then updated the software as part of the service it was also in for ...... which fixed the issue! No idea why, but normal operation seems to have been restored! Was given an XC60 T5 for the day, first petrol car of this generation I have had the chance to drive. I was quite impressed.
The Following User Says Thank You to S60Chris For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 15th, 2019, 20:04   #9
nu11eaf
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by derek vivian View Post
Great car, I had a 1998 model, wish I still had it.
XC90 Inscription D5 Power pulse, 2017 MY, Savile grey, Blond Nappa, Leather dash/door tops, Walnut inlays, Dark tinted windows, Air suspension, Bliss/Cross traffic alert, Xenium/7 seat comfort/Family/Winter packs, 4 zone climate, Heated rear seats.
nu11eaf is offline   Reply With Quote