Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC60 Buying Questions

Views : 1245

Replies : 7

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 28th, 2009, 20:41   #1
tm2636

Default XC60 Buying Questions

I`m looking to replace a Mondeo estate, and a couple of options are the v70 and xc60 but am leaning towards the xc60. If I went for the xc60 it would be the 2.4D DRIVe s model.

I think I`ve read most of the threads regarding the xc60 but just have a few of questions if anyone can help out.

1. Is the service interval for this engine 18000 miles? (the dealer I spoke to wasn`t sure)

2. On the scrappage scheme my understanding from reading here is currently volvo are offering 15% off pre-vat list price + £1k from government. Have I got that right?

3. Is the 3 year (or 3xservice interval) available with the scrappage deal?

4. I understand the free servicing promotion is available on vehicles registered before 30/09/09. Due to build times, would I be looking at unregistered dealer stock rather than one built to order to get registered before the end of September?

5. I thought I read on here, but cant find it now, about volvo px support of £2k. Have I got that right? Is that an add-on to whatever px the dealer would give you?

6. If there was no part-ex or scrappage involved, what kind of discounts would I be looking at on the xc60 DRIVe base model?

Thanks if you can answer any or all of these!
tm2636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28th, 2009, 21:28   #2
NewVolvo
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tm2636 View Post
I`m looking to replace a Mondeo estate, and a couple of options are the v70 and xc60 but am leaning towards the xc60. If I went for the xc60 it would be the 2.4D DRIVe s model.

I think I`ve read most of the threads regarding the xc60 but just have a few of questions if anyone can help out.

1. Is the service interval for this engine 18000 miles? (the dealer I spoke to wasn`t sure)

2. On the scrappage scheme my understanding from reading here is currently volvo are offering 15% off pre-vat list price + £1k from government. Have I got that right?

4. I understand the free servicing promotion is available on vehicles registered before 30/09/09. Due to build times, would I be looking at unregistered dealer stock rather than one built to order to get registered before the end of September?

5. I thought I read on here, but cant find it now, about volvo px support of £2k. Have I got that right? Is that an add-on to whatever px the dealer would give you?

6. If there was no part-ex or scrappage involved, what kind of discounts would I be looking at on the xc60 DRIVe base model?

I will try to answer this....

1. I was told the service is 12 months OR 18000 mls whichever comes first.
2.No idea, seems to change from day to day. I received £1K (-86 Micra) + £1K ex government + £1K Volvo XC60 deal.
3. Nope. Personally I got this thrown in as well in the deal (so all in all about £4K discount).
4. You would probably find it rather difficult to find a XC60 2.4D Drive model of a dealers lot, they have only just come out on the market. If you are looking for a great discount, go for a demo that dealer has had forever, ie a D5 185bhp version.
5. Perhaps you mean the £1K + £1K scrappage scheme?
6. Depends on dealer I would think. Try your hardest, if doen't work, see #4.
1987 780 Bertone
Lots of previous Volvo's
NewVolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29th, 2009, 09:28   #3
ak888

Quote:
Originally Posted by tm2636 View Post

2. Thats how I read it after trawling the forum and reading up.

4. I thought so - and the dealer seemed to concur. However - just found out from this that the car has to be registered by 30 Sept and as mine is a factory order, it won't arrive till mid-Oct. Trying to clarify with the dealer now and Volvo UK. Will be mighty disappointed if I don't get this.

5. Thats right and thats what I got - its 2k pre-VAT - most dealers quoted 2k after VAT. This I had clarified with Volvo UK.

6. Try a dealer - I got around 16% off total retail including the 2k volvo uk PX. PM me if you wish and I can put you in touch with the dealer I am dealing with.
ak888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29th, 2009, 11:06   #4
ak888

in answer to 4;

I queried Volvo UK customer services via their website and got the following reply (in a space of a couple of hours!):

"Thank you for your e-mail.

I have checked on this for you and can confirm that the offers available
are based on when the car is marked as "customer sold", not when the car
is registered. Therefore provided that your dealer ensure your order is
marked as "customer sold" in quarter 3, you will benefit from the offers
available in quarter 3 regardless of when your new car is registered.

I trust this reply answers your query"

So thumbs up to Volvo for this! This customer service is fantastic compared to what I have received previously with Mercedes and Audi.
ak888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29th, 2009, 11:29   #5
Nice But Dim

tm2636

I managed a discount of 20.7% on a MY2010 2.4D Drive SE using the same dealer as ak888 with them taking my old car as part-exch and also got the 3 yrs free-servicing too. Breakdown as follows

RRP
XC60 2.4 D SE manual incl del & tax 26495
Front & Rear parking sensors 650
Metallic paint 600
Leather 900
Mats 87.96
Family pack 275
Sunroof 1000
Total 30007.96

Total outlay incl p/x = 23803.89
SAVING = 6204.07
%AGE rrp = 20.7

You should be aiming to get something along these lines - I'm averaging 44 mpg on a daily commute of mainly traffic jams !

Previously
XC60 MY2010 2.4D Drive SE, Saville Grey, leather, sunroof, front & rear sensors, family pack
Nice But Dim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30th, 2009, 22:42   #6
tm2636

Thanks for all the useful and helpful answers on here, much appreciated.

Given that I`d be looking at the DRIVe model, looking at the volvo website, maybe scrappage would be the best way to go for me.

Volvo XC60 2.4D DRIVe S

On the Road Price
£25245.00

Scrappage allowance from Government
£1000

Additional support paid by Manufacturer
£3678

Total customer savings
£4678

(Taken from volvo website)

Just wondering if the £3678 is from volvo + dealer or totally from volvo and dealer might chip in with a bit more?

Thanks again.
tm2636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1st, 2009, 14:55   #7
ChrisE
Volvo Owner Since 1990

I have tried all the local dealers & they all do a long page - & 15 minutes - of sums & then end up with exactly the same offer as the Volvo website scrappage page.

Remember you also get 15% off all your options.

I would be more than interested in news of dealers who would better this - preferably not in the West of Scotland as I live near Norwich!

Chris
ChrisE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1st, 2009, 17:34   #8
Nice But Dim

Chris

Have pm'ed you the details of my dealer.

N b D

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisE View Post
I have tried all the local dealers & they all do a long page - & 15 minutes - of sums & then end up with exactly the same offer as the Volvo website scrappage page.

Remember you also get 15% off all your options.

I would be more than interested in news of dealers who would better this - preferably not in the West of Scotland as I live near Norwich!

Chris

Previously
XC60 MY2010 2.4D Drive SE, Saville Grey, leather, sunroof, front & rear sensors, family pack
Nice But Dim is offline   Reply With Quote