Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S40 / V40 '96-'04 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S40 / V40 '96-'04 General Forum for the Volvo S40 and V40 (Classic) Series from 1995-2004.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Which adjustable coilovers to go for?

Views : 407

Replies : 0

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 26th, 2023, 15:30   #1
turbosheep

Default Which adjustable coilovers to go for?

Morning all,

Recently I've been thinking about going the project path with my V40 1.9 T4 and the first thing I'm going to change is the suspension so I can bring it to the old Super Touring ground clearance levels which I think was 70mm - 80mm? I will throw 19 inch wheels in there also but that will come in the future.

Basically I would like coilovers that could adjust the car both in ride height down to the levels I mentioned and preload I think it is (?). Would be great if those could preserve the stock (or close to) ride height and bring it down when swapping the stock rims with the 19 inch ones (the camber will come into play when that happens but that's something for the future).

However, looking through the net I couldn't find much threaded suspensions compatible with my model. The only one so far: https://eu.bc-racing.co.uk/applicati...html?series=RM - Bilstein nor Eibach have coilovers for this model as far as I've seen.

Are there any other adjustable coilovers you can recommend? Things to look for?

I'm a total newcomer when it comes to car tuneups so really unsure which is the most suitable part for me, any help is pretty much welcome!

As a side note, this is the level of ground clearance that I want to achieve:

turbosheep is offline   Reply With Quote