Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 700/900 Series General > 700/900 Series Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

1995 3litre Estate For Sale

Views : 706

Replies : 2

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 8th, 2010, 17:31   #1
emmdee
Premier Member

Default 1995 3litre Estate For Sale

I advertised this potential sale earlier in the year, and I know a couple of guys contacted me at the time. I decided not to sell at that time, but I bought a Golf today, so the 960 will have to go.

If anyone is interested, drop me a pm. I have pics

1995 M reg, 131k miles, automatic. Owned since July 2006. Very reliable. Since I've owned it, it has had front discs and pads replaced twice, most recently in July 2010, rear replaced in 2007, new handbrake, new radiator fitted, 4 new tyres, new timing belt at 103k miles, new battery, new Nivomats, replacement catalytic converter and new oxygen sensor. Other bits and pieces (including annual servicing) done, all by Ron Sealey Independent Volvo, Cowdenbeath. All work documents included for buyer. I'd say that the car is mechanically magnificent, and I've spent a lorra lorra money on it.

Taxed til Sept 2010, MOT'd till July 2011

Pros. Leather seats in great shape. Great stereo. All electrics working well. No rust on the bodywork or chassis.

Cons. Door cards warped. Rear driver's side door interior handle is broken. Couple of scuffs on bumpers (as you'd expect). Rear driver's side door damaged (trim strip knocked off and a few small scratches on the rear quarter panel where someone clipped it in a car park). Air con doesn't work. Driver's door return spring on internal handle is bust.

This car has given me 28k miles in 4 years, but has to go as my wife's leaving work to have a baby in 6 months. I'd like it to go to another VOC member as I think there's plenty of life in it yet. I'll wash and hoover it before anyone clomes to see it. Happy to answer any questions in the meantime. Sadly, she does have a couple of bumps and bruises. However, she drives like a dream and runs fantastically.

I'm not looking for buckets of money, and I'd rather she goes to someone who will look after her. I'd be happy to discuss price from £400 as a starting point and see what happens. If you did contact me last time and are still interested, please get in touch. I'll need to keep it until I can transfer my registration number onto the new car, but that's the only delay.

I'm in Cardenden, Fife. Easy to reach from M8/M90/Lochgelly High Street.

m.d.
emmdee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8th, 2010, 18:01   #2
skye740
VOC Member

Sigh. If only it was LPG'd.
VOC 23035
skye740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18th, 2010, 06:32   #3
RJOates

Hi
I decided to buy a Volvo weeks ago and have been investigating at some length and wondering which model to go for and have finally decided on a 960 estate after having read many of the posts on the club site and the Volvo press release posted on Wikipedia. I don't do a huge mileage so I guess petrol consumption is not so much of an issue, anyway I think I would prefer to pay a bit more for the pleasure of driving such a magnificent machine.
Just a few questions, can you tell me the colour, both interior (not to keen on cream, would prefer the grey) and exterior, does it have a tow bar and is the service book stamped up to date?
Anyway, perhaps you could send me some photos, my email is r.j.oates@zen.co.uk showing as many details as possible. Have you tried www.picasaweb by google, its a great and free way to post up as many photos as you like, and very quick and easy to use, I tried it when selling a boat recently.
I am in Cumbria so your not so far up the motorway,
cheers
Richard
RJOates is offline   Reply With Quote