Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S40 / V40 '96-'04 General

Notices

S40 / V40 '96-'04 General Forum for the Volvo S40 and V40 (Classic) Series from 1995-2004.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Trailing Arm Bushes

Views : 448

Replies : 2

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 14th, 2018, 14:05   #1
flyingtech55

Default Trailing Arm Bushes

Can any of you good folks point me in the direction of 'Supaflex' type bushes for the rear trailing arms for the Phase 2 V40.

I'm told the bushes for the Mitsubishi Evo 3 fit:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MITSUBISH...gAAOSw8-tWZzat

but I know that the bushes for the Phase 1 and Phase 2 rear trailing arms are completely different and non-interchangeable. The reason I'm asking is because the MOT inspector is casting a rather jaundiced eye at the original bushes and telling me that they getting "a bit soft".

Alternatively, anyone have the special tool for inserting the new standard bushes. It's like a split tube which you tighten down to 'squish' the plastic bush down to fit the hole.

Thanks in anticipation

Tim
flyingtech55 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to flyingtech55 For This Useful Post:
Old May 16th, 2018, 22:56   #2
trufauru

I also have to replace the rear trailing arm bushings so I'm interested if those that you posted work or not. I also have a PH2
Audi 100 1973 - Trying to get it on the road
UAZ 469 2002 - Beach/Surf Duties
trufauru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2018, 22:40   #3
flyingtech55

Dear trufauru

I don't know if these fit or not. As you can see, no-one replied to my original posting (except you with this question). In my case, happily the car passed the MOT OK this year without comment about the bushes. So I have a year to find or make the special tool required to fit the Volvo plastic bushes or to find an alternative. I shall try in the meantime to find a 'friendly' Volvo tech. and find out how Volvo do them. Volvo dealers must be able do them because it is apparently quite a common failure on the estates especially because they are more likely to carry heavy loads in the back seemingly. I'll PM you if/when I find an answer. Sorry I can't be more helpful at the moment.

Tim
flyingtech55 is offline   Reply With Quote