Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 700/900 Series General > 700/900 Series Wants

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

volvo paint code - headlight wiper arms

Views : 428

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 24th, 2019, 15:28   #1
ian22r

Default volvo paint code - headlight wiper arms

does anyone know what the correct volvo paint code is for the headlight wiper arms - for an early - 940 estate car (they are metallic silver - silver grey type) - i've tried looking this up on the parts diagram and online but to no avail

thanks
ian.
ian22r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2019, 16:04   #2
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian22r View Post
does anyone know what the correct volvo paint code is for the headlight wiper arms - for an early - 940 estate car (they are metallic silver - silver grey type) - i've tried looking this up on the parts diagram and online but to no avail

thanks
ian.
Aren't they the same colour as the body? if just general silver are they stainless steel? try volvo silverstone ..
Old Jun 24th, 2019, 16:55   #3
360beast
Go redblock or go home

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Volvo-940...sAAOSwvA5dC2Ap

That one has silver arms too, must say I never noticed silver ones before I just thought they were all black plastic.

It might just be worth taking one off and going to halfrauds and seeing which silver matches best.
360beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2019, 18:39   #4
Ian21401
Premier Member

Default Silver on my 1992 940 estate.

They were silver when I acquired the car in 2005. Over the years they started to look a bit tatty. Eventually got around to rejuvenating them last year when the car was unuseable during a power steering rack repair. Standard rubdown, coats of grey cellulose primer then coats of colour. I have some aerosols of dealer supplied Volvo Silver. I also have some aerosols of Halfords Volvo Silver. When seen together the Halfords is very different to the Volvo colour but I was happy to use the cheaper Halfords on the wiper arms. I am well pleased with the result, I just wish it was as easy to get the rest of the ageing bodywork looking as good.
For info, the paint code for the car should be on the identity plate. Fifth line down in the right hand column. Mine shows “130 - 11”. Dealer advises that the paint code is 130.
Ian21401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27th, 2019, 16:56   #5
ian22r

thank you all for you advice

i've done them now and i'm pleased with the result -

in the end i used enamel modeling paint - metallic silver mixed with dark satin grey about 3 to 1 means its very close - i used the colour of a spare plastic washer nozzle/wiper blade holder as a guide - the original colour of the arms was lost years ago due to weathering hence my query - i played safe and didn't disturb the plastic parts as these can break (past experience) - and rubbed them down in situ

looking at the picture [link posted above] of the 940 saloon the original colour looks like its the same as those wheel trims - on the parts diagram i think that code is 931 dark silver metallic - they also list a grey lacquer (top coat) that goes over it - maybe some paint experts out there can confirm this

thanks
ian.
ian22r is offline   Reply With Quote