Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Had a XC60 T5 Momentum for a few days

Views : 481

Replies : 1

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 16th, 2020, 08:36   #1
jonnyu

Default Had a XC60 T5 Momentum for a few days

So my car went to Volvo to get a serious intervention due to a fire.
Volvo lend me an XC60 T5 during that time and I had the opportunity to check by myself the difference between a T5 Momentum and a D4 Inscription.
  • Equipment: Really impressed with the level of equipment of the Momentum. The MY2020 Momentum has a lot more standard equipment than the MY2019 ones. Even externally, it did not had that plastic look Momentums had in the first editions. The 12" display is now is standard.
  • Comfort: the lack of dynamic four-c suspension really bothered me. The car was not comfortable, you can feel all the bumps on the road and I can hear a lot of road noise in the cabin. Turning was also not as pleasant as mine. The ride height is fixed so to enter and exit the car is also not as comfy as mine. Loved the leather+tissue seats, much more comfortable than my leather seats and they heat faster (it came equipped with the seat heater).
  • Driving: Again the lack of the dynamic suspension really ruined the dynamic feeling I have with my XC60. Acceleration was a bit more energetic but less smooth than the D4 engine. It's noticeable that the car is faster but it also suffers from a lot of engine noise at high revs just like with the D4 engine. The T5 is more fun to drive in the city than on the highway comparing it to the D4 engine.
  • Mileage: Really impressed with the mileage of the T5 engine. My D4 does between 6.6 and 7.4 l/100 km and the T5 is able to do 8 to 9 / 100 km, so not bad at all. 1 full tank in the T5 = ~700 km, 1 full tank on the D4 = ~880 km.
Old Oct 16th, 2020, 14:19   #2
WhatNext?

I think it's important to remember that the basic specifications are different depending on where you are.

MY19 Momentum here in UK with full digital display, leather seats.(arguably more comfy comfort seats)

On 18 inch wheels the ride is excellent ( was terrible when I first test drove an inscription pro which has air suspension in UK)