Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC60 delivery timescale (replacing my XC90)

Views : 13523

Replies : 160

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 16th, 2024, 12:16   #61
TheDufster

Oh dear, reading this with dismay.

My XC90 is up for change in June and due to price increases, I can no longer afford an XC90 (I'm on my 6th). So, I'm looking at an XC60, either personal deal (petrol) or Company Car (PHEV).

Got the option for full electric via salary sacrifice, but the premium models (Volvo and non-Volvo) are way too expensive and I'm still not convinced on the whole EV thing anyway.

I'll pop in to my local dealer on the way home and have a chat with them.

XC40 1.5 T3 R-Design
TheDufster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2024, 14:09   #62
Franko1960

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDufster View Post

My XC90 is up for change in June and due to price increases, I can no longer afford an XC90 (I'm on my 6th). So, I'm looking at an XC60, either personal deal (petrol) or Company Car (PHEV).

Got the option for full electric via salary sacrifice, but the premium models (Volvo and non-Volvo) are way too expensive and I'm still not convinced on the whole EV thing anyway.

There are special offers on XC60's on the Volvo website now, with 9 weeks delivery.
Old Feb 16th, 2024, 14:14   #63
V60 probably

Quote:

If it's of any help, I drove a Mercedes EQC EV for two years as a company car. The car itself and the EV propulsion were superb andit was a very enjoyable car to drive. I had free charging at work, so the cost wasn't relevant. However, the range went from 240 miles in summer, to 165 miles in winter and the charging, whist rapid, I found a real pain. Having to plan in an hour's stop to charge, on any round trip over 170 miles in winter wore thin very quickly. I went form EV to PHEV with my V60 recharge (2021) and I love it; setting off to drive 300 miles, knowing it will take me 5 minutes to refuel is almost exciting! Obviously, only my opinion, but something to bear in mind if you're as impatient as I am!

Prevously: 1992 440ti, 1997 S40 1.8, 2000 S80 2.4.
V60 probably is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to V60 probably For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 16th, 2024, 23:15   #64
SteEnt

I must say I am somewhat discouraged by what I am reading here.
I have a couple of questions, that hopefully you wonderful people can shed some light upon.

This week I placed an order for an XC60 T8 Recharge Ultimate Dark through my work's salary sacrifice scheme.
They say the lead time at present is 15 weeks.
I am seeing here that the Ultimate moniker has been dropped and replaced with Ultra.
Does anyone know the differences, if any? Or is it just a rename of the line, and do Volvo just shift orders for Ultimate onto Ultra now? I imagine it would create something of an administrative nightmare to contact every customer waiting, otherwise?
In which case I would have thought there was no difference in the two in terms of specs.
I have checked the P11d value of my car I've ordered with the pricing of the Ultra and it is the same, down to the penny,(when the cost of the wheels I chose is removed) so I imagine the order placed is for the Ultra, and the leasing company have just not updated the name.

Are these delays people are having consistent with all customers, or is it happening with some people and not others?
This will be my first brand new car in 10 years, and I had forgotten how painfully inconvenient the wait can be.
The last time I ordered in May 2014, and the car arrived with me in September 2014. Ever since then I have bought used.

I hope this turns out to be a pleasant experience!
SteEnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2024, 23:54   #65
TheDufster

I understand the "Ultra" term comes from the new EX30.

They've started using that in place of "Ultimate'. I don't think there's any difference in spec, just a future migration in terms

XC40 1.5 T3 R-Design
Old Feb 17th, 2024, 09:15   #66
Lexman8
Premier Member

From MY25 the XC60 Ultimate will be renamed Ultra. Deliveries of MY25 cars should start around August of this year but this may change due to production being moved back to Europe.

The MY25 XC60 spec is attached. I haven't noticed any differences from the current model year.
_
Attached Files
File Type: pdf XC60 MY25 pricelist ed 1.pdf (1.42 MB, 29 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to Lexman8 For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 17th, 2024, 12:05   #67
SteEnt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexman8 View Post
From MY25 the XC60 Ultimate will be renamed Ultra. Deliveries of MY25 cars should start around August of this year but this may change due to production being moved back to Europe.

The MY25 XC60 spec is attached. I haven't noticed any differences from the current model year.
_
Looking at that spec list, BLIS has been added back into Plus spec levels. Or has that been the case for a while? I know they removed it to only Ultimate for a while.
SteEnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2024, 11:50   #68
TheDufster

Alas, it seems that after about 15 years, I will be leaving the brand. Can't even get a new XC60 at a monthly cost anywhere near my current XC90.

Had a good chat with my local dealer last week, crunched a load of numbers, but it just doesn't stack up.

XC40 1.5 T3 R-Design
Old Feb 19th, 2024, 15:04   #69
Franko1960

Quote:
Alas, it seems that after about 15 years, I will be leaving the brand. Can't even get a new XC60 at a monthly cost anywhere near my current XC90.

Had a good chat with my local dealer last week, crunched a load of numbers, but it just doesn't stack up.
Got a call from my dealer, my car will arrive early to end of March.
Old Feb 19th, 2024, 16:40   #70
PJS007

New XC60 Ultimate ordered early August 2023 from Dealer but was told they just order from Volvo UK now so no dealer discount. Then, after order placed, Volvo UK place adverts all over the media for September 2023 Sale. Check prices and I can order same car for over £4,000 less!! E-mail Volvo UK to ask for order to be amended - computer says 'No'. Have to cancel order and start again, oh what a laugh. So, go through all the paperwork again and lose one month delivery lead time. Given then an estimated delivery date of Feb/March 2024. Then December told by dealer April/May 2024. The on line link I have been sent to track delivery is like looking at something from a 70's early computer programme. Reading all the previous who knows when I might see this car!! Wife says cancel and buy something 6 months old immediately available but then I don't get 4 years 0% finance, 4 years service plan etc. Please just make the packages work Volvo and then with the right finance, the right quality vehicle at the correct competitive price and the service team to back it up you can rule the world!! It's not rocket science.
PJS007 is offline   Reply With Quote