Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Strathmore Volvo - Perth

Views : 2101

Replies : 15

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 18th, 2011, 09:17   #11
Clan
Experienced Member

Volvo Car Corporation gets J.D. Power award for customer satisfaction

The quality demands of Volvo Car Corporation could not be confirmed more impressively: in the latest J.D. Power study for the German market, the Swedish manufacturer comes first in the brand ranking for 2011 - ahead of all the German premium brands and all the Japanese manufacturers, who dominated the competition for many years.

Two Volvo models also gained podium places in product ranking. In the medium segment, the Volvo V50 won silver, securing third place in the overall ranking of all models. In the executive class, the Volvo V70 won bronze.

"This is proof of the high level of quality, dependability and service that we offer to our customers", said Stefan Jacoby, President and CEO, Volvo Car Corporation. "We are extremely satisfied with this result since the customers are the experts on the strengths and weaknesses in their cars, and also because premium car customers are particularly demanding."
Old Jun 18th, 2011, 17:02   #12
XC60MY12
Country Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev240 View Post
Just recieved more 1st class service, again, from Strathmore Volvo, Perth, I phoned them this morning regarding an 'Emission system requiring service' message which was displayed on my V70XC, they told me just to take the car up and they would link it up to the computer to diagnose the problem.
On arrival, car was taken to be diagnosed right away, and the wife and I served complimentary coffee as we waited. Approx 15 mins later, fault had been diagnosed and engineers explained the problem to me, and a rough cost of repair.
Part required not in stock, so they sent for one in Glasgow, 120 mile round trip, we were driven into Perth by a very keen and young trainee and done some shopping. Telephone call to my mobile about three hours later to say my car was repaired and ready, free taxi back to dealership, car all ready and running better than ever, all this plus a 12% discount on my bill, that's what I call service.
Good to hear of positive dealer experiences as well as the others. Don't expect Drive the Deal would have done all that.
XC60MY12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18th, 2011, 17:06   #13
XC60MY12
Country Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by t5_monkey View Post
can you get them to come and tell Taggarts how to do it ?
Presume this is Taggarts Glasgow, rather than Motherwell. Do you know if Motherwell are any better?
Old Jun 18th, 2011, 22:02   #14
Dibble
VOC Member

Hi Kev., Used Strathmore recently for work and parts on both my S60 and the Amazon. Friendly, efficient service. Parts department were very good and very knowledgeable. Bought my first Amazon there in 1971. Pleased they have won this award. I believe they are the longest serving Volvo Dealers in Britain.
Dibble is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dibble For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 20th, 2011, 11:24   #15
XC60MY12
Country Member

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by XC60Fan View Post
Presume this is Taggarts Glasgow, rather than Motherwell. Do you know if Motherwell are any better?
Anyone?
Old Jun 21st, 2011, 18:32   #16
Mr Sam

good stuff, this is where my 944turbo originally came from and was service for the first few years of its life
Mr Sam is offline   Reply With Quote