Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Never use Mill Volvo Stockton

Views : 6482

Replies : 10

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 20th, 2010, 15:02   #1
strawberrys40

Angry Never use Mill Volvo Stockton

I have just had a heated debate with the service manager at Mill Volvo Stockton.

I recommend never to use this garage for servicing. The attitude of the manager is appalling.

I have found out today that Volvo are aware they have fitted substandard wheel bearings on S40s and yet are only paying a limited contribution to the costs.

I will never take my car to that garage again and I would recommend others to find another place to service their vehicle.
strawberrys40 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to strawberrys40 For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 20th, 2010, 21:08   #2
Nick44
Ex 850/V70 Register Keepe

Right on Strawberry.
If you have an experiance that sucks, tell everyone.
Old Jun 21st, 2011, 19:36   #3
T5Andy
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrys40 View Post
I have just had a heated debate with the service manager at Mill Volvo Stockton.

I recommend never to use this garage for servicing. The attitude of the manager is appalling.

I have found out today that Volvo are aware they have fitted substandard wheel bearings on S40s and yet are only paying a limited contribution to the costs.

I will never take my car to that garage again and I would recommend others to find another place to service their vehicle.
Is that the same Mill Volvo as in this sorry tale??? http://forums.t5d5.org/topic/15769-bought-a-lemon/
T5Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21st, 2011, 20:16   #4
Premier Member

Mill seem to be earning themselves a bit of a reputation.
I stopped using them years ago after being repeatedly lied to by one of their salemen, even when he had been caught out he continued digging a deeper hole for himself.
Some time after that, our car was damaged when a post office van rolled into it on a hill, and the post office arranged for it to be repaired at our nearest Volvo dealer - Mill!! To say the repairs were poor was putting it mildly, the outline of the filler in the wheel arch was visible through the paint, and the vinyl stripes had bubbles behind them.
I started using a dealer in Galashiels (Clelands) despite their being 60 miles away rather than the 30 to Mill. We recommended Clelands to friends of ours who were also having trouble with Mill, and they too make the long trip north now.
I strongly urge people to think twice about using these useless sods, they do not deserve to be in business.
60041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21st, 2011, 20:31   #5
novomobile

Unfortunately Mill have a monopoly as the only Volvo main dealer in North East England.I personally drive 50 mls to Lloyds of Carlisle to get service/warranty work done on my company v50 se lux and get well looked after.
novomobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21st, 2011, 20:49   #6
judgeman

Hi guys,

Yes, same Mill dealership. My post on both VOC (I'm a member), and signed up to t5d5.org following recommendation from VOC member and posted as per VOC XC90 forum.

This is all good - if that makes sense! The more information I can gather to get a 'bigger picture' the better. I sent a 2500 word response to the Mill letter to Black Horse finance who's customer complaints dept are supporting me on the dispute with Mill.

You gotta read my post of last night, http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showth...=125095&page=3 info on the rubbish they put in the letter I received from them (a week after they had promised to call me back for a third time because the director still hadn't got into Mill Knaresbrough to discuss my case contrary to their promises).

Like i said in my post they sent this booklet with vouchers for 'loyal customers'!!!! Who do they think they are?! Boy would I love to go shove that somewhe.... you get the idea!!!!
judgeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21st, 2011, 23:34   #7
twinturbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by novomobile View Post
Unfortunately Mill have a monopoly as the only Volvo main dealer in North East England.I personally drive 50 mls to Lloyds of Carlisle to get service/warranty work done on my company v50 se lux and get well looked after.
Not been into LLoyds for a while but they are usually very good. When I had my 855 years ago the PNP sensor packed up on the gearbox.

I went in and explained the issue to the service manager, he called the head technician who agreed with my prognosis.. He said he had never done one before, but looked a the book time for the job and said that the cost would be parts + book time. And the bill was a nice surprise..

Never heard anything bad about the LLoyds group.

TT
Old Jun 23rd, 2011, 13:03   #8
Alpha206
S60 Reg Keeper (Retired)

Have to say, I've used Mill Newcastle for servicing for 15+ years and in that time only had one problem which was solved very professionally & amicably within a couple of days.

MY05 S60 2.0T SE...no more
MY16 V60 T6 Polestar
MY71 H.S.121-3B-101

http://www.savethetrident.co.uk/

Campaign to save G-ARPO, the last surviving Trident 1C
Alpha206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23rd, 2011, 21:15   #9
icewhitebaby

Default mills garage not a happy bunny

I brought a 09 plate Volvo Drive c30 from Mills Stockton in October of Last year
in March i got a letter from them to tell me the car had to bought in for a service.WHAAAAAAt I paid £14000 for a car that did not have a courtesy service on it After a lot of argy bargy and i mean a lot they said they would service it for £200 as long as they did not have to change the pollen filter and do some other bits and bobs, after all the original service was £400.Well mills you have just lost another customer i took it to Volmech at the 5 lamps did the sevice all volvo speced oil,,etc,for £150.He has just got a new customer
icewhitebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to icewhitebaby For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 23rd, 2011, 23:29   #10
teefin

Quote:
Originally Posted by novomobile View Post
Second that I also use Lloyds 26miles but looked after.

Tags
bad customer service, mill volvo crooks