Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC90 Waiting Time

Views : 5014

Replies : 34

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 5th, 2018, 22:21   #11
FK77

Not sure why I didn’t get notifications of updates to this thread. Must check my settings...

The salesman gave me the reason for this delay a few weeks ago. As someone posted above, the issue is with hybrid models only. There is a new regulation which means they can’t manufacture batteries in the same factory as the rest of the car. Apparently there’s a safety risk. So Volvo (and I imagine some other manufacturers as well) are having to move battery production to other premises.

I still don’t have a date but to be honest I’ve been too busy to chase the dealership. I was given the option to either a) cancel my order and get a full refund of my deposit; or b) buy a used car from them and get a discounted finance rate. Due to being tied up with other things, I haven’t really given it any thought. I bought a cheap run-around about a month ago which, touch wood, hasn’t broken down (yet) so it could keep us going until Jan/Feb/Mar. That is, if I decide to wait for a new car.

@aptones interesting that you’ve been given a mid December delivery date. The salesman told me Volvo will only re-start building T8s from Jan ‘19!
FK77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2018, 16:17   #12
aptones

.... i'm just hoping it's December.... tbh, I'm not in a rush as I have a car on PCP which ends next June.
Although it makes more sense for me financially to dispose of my current car now than Dec/Jan....
aptones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2018, 17:00   #13
Williemaykit

I ordered a T8 about 3 weeks ago and have been given a timeline of late February/early March by the sales team though I haven't been given a build slot. Hoping that it doesn't go beyond that.
Williemaykit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9th, 2018, 17:28   #14
FK77

aptones, thanks again for your update. It prompted me to contact my dealer and I got a build date of 18th December. Expected delivery early January. I can live with that
Old Nov 4th, 2018, 10:33   #15
siempre volvo

I ordered my xc90 T8 in May, with a September delivery date. This has moved over the months, and is now down for December date.

I’ve missed out on a guaranteed buyer of my old volvo, as well as the general unhappiness of waiting for something that I am looking forward to getting.

Is there anyway of finding out when Volvo are planning on restarting assembly of the T8?
siempre volvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24th, 2018, 22:13   #16
aptones

I can't believe it.... after weeks of zero email updates, I decided to email my dealer as i'm 3 weeks from my delivery date.... guess what...... it's been delayed by another month!

This is an absolute joke.... 7 months for a XC90 T8... what the hell are they doing??

I could have got a Tesla Model X in 3 months and I'm pretty sure they've got sh!t loads of manufacture issues.... what a joke....
Old Nov 24th, 2018, 23:59   #17
FK77

Not great. Neither the delay nor the fact that you only found out when you contacted them rather than the dealership informing you. This attitude, especially after an already unacceptable delay, is rather astonishing. You’d think by this stage they would be proactive and try to do everything to prevent customers getting annoyed enough to consider cancelling their orders. I understand the delays are from Volvo and not the dealership but they represent Volvo ... we didn’t buy direct from Volvo.

If mine also gets delayed by another month, it will take us into 1st/2nd week of February. At that point I wouldn’t want to take delivery until March so that I can get a 19 plate. Thankfully, the delay doesn’t impact us much. Presently we aren’t driving other than to supermarkets/shopping centres at the weekends in the “stopgap banger” that I bought few weeks after selling our previous car. Don’t see any long car trips on the horizon and we’ll be away for some time too.

One of the reasons I moved away from the other marque was manufacturer’s and dealers’ lack of customer care. Volvo and dealers not looking very promising on that front either, unfortunately.
Old Nov 27th, 2018, 00:22   #18
aptones

i asked about refund of deposit if i cancel and was told the T8 I ordered was a custom factory order (because of the packs I put on it) so if I cancelled i would lose my deposit....

... went and re-read the T&Cs, and it says if they don't deliver within 3 months of the estimated delivery date then i can cancel and get full refund (not that i want to as I like the XC90... just want some financial compensation from dealer).

Now they're arguing about the original estimated delivery date i was given.... ¬_¬"

Really unprofessional....
Old Nov 27th, 2018, 08:24   #19
FK77

I was given the option to cancel and get a full refund of deposit when I first found out about the delays. I reckon they will still refund now if the date has been further extended and if I want to cancel (I don’t). I emailed the salesman to ask if we were still on track but got an out of office reply. Will see what he says when he gets back.
Old Nov 29th, 2018, 15:32   #20
siempre volvo

You should be able to get some dealer installed extras installed for free...
I'm hopeful mine is coming next month.
siempre volvo is offline   Reply With Quote