Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S40 / V40 '96-'04 General > x40 S1 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Breaking A 1997 Blue 2.0i S40 CD

Views : 12516

Replies : 142

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 6th, 2012, 15:09   #41
scootb

Hi mate,Im after the rear passenger side door seal.

How much inc P&P?

Nothing wrong with a GDI!!
scootb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2012, 20:36   #42
eric237

Talking

Quote:
With regards to the 30 posts limit, look here. You can ask the admins to lift the limit so you will be able to PM people from now and on

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=99800

You can have the lock alarm components (fob and receiver) for £25 + £2.50PP in case you don't find what you need at the scrappies
Thanks for the info. The more time I spend on here the more I'm liking the place. Now if my car was as helpful as the people on here I'd be a happy bunny(just in time for Easter!)

I think that £25+ the £2.50 is a brilliant price! Sure it will keep the wife happy too. Fed up with not being able to use my fob to open my car, or looking like a wizzard waving my fob near my car to open it!

With this being my first time on here to buy stuff, how do I go about paying you? Can use paypal or do a bank transfer, whichever you prefer?

Also can I be cheeky and ask people on here if they know if it's just a case of unplugging my exisiting keyless entry system and plugging this one in?

Last edited by eric237; Apr 6th, 2012 at 20:38.
eric237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2012, 20:47   #43
stevo48
Premier Member

If they are available and in good condition, can I have a price incl delivery for all four side marker lights please.
stevo48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2012, 21:03   #44
gatos
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootb View Post
Hi mate,Im after the rear passenger side door seal.

How much inc P&P?
Is £12 including postage ok with you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric237 View Post
Thanks for the info. The more time I spend on here the more I'm liking the place. Now if my car was as helpful as the people on here I'd be a happy bunny(just in time for Easter!)

I think that £25+ the £2.50 is a brilliant price! Sure it will keep the wife happy too. Fed up with not being able to use my fob to open my car, or looking like a wizzard waving my fob near my car to open it!

With this being my first time on here to buy stuff, how do I go about paying you? Can use paypal or do a bank transfer, whichever you prefer?

Also can I be cheeky and ask people on here if they know if it's just a case of unplugging my exisiting keyless entry system and plugging this one in?
I am back on Sunday and I will be able to look into it next week. I need to double check that the fob and receiver are working fine.

You mentioned that your fob does actually work but needs a bit of "magic" to work... . Have you tried replacing the battery first?
Also, as far as I understand the whole concept of the fob system, I thought that the signal from the fob is received by the RC receiver unit which is behind the instrument cluster. Is it possible that the one you have is misbehaving?

If you have already tried this and it does not work, then a new fob and receiver should do the trick. Have a look at my guide here: http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showth...714#post935714

In this guide, I accessed the alarm receiving unit the long way. There is a much faster way to get to it which is by removing the trim which is located under the OBD2 reader socket on the drivers footwell.

If you decide to get the stuff from Jabe/or me, then Paypal is fine.
Feel free to ask if anything I said is not clear.

Alex

Nullius in Verba
gatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2012, 23:43   #45
eric237

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatos View Post
Is £12 including postage ok with you?

I am back on Sunday and I will be able to look into it next week. I need to double check that the fob and receiver are working fine.

You mentioned that your fob does actually work but needs a bit of "magic" to work... . Have you tried replacing the battery first?
Also, as far as I understand the whole concept of the fob system, I thought that the signal from the fob is received by the RC receiver unit which is behind the instrument cluster. Is it possible that the one you have is misbehaving?

If you have already tried this and it does not work, then a new fob and receiver should do the trick. Have a look at my guide here: http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showth...714#post935714

In this guide, I accessed the alarm receiving unit the long way. There is a much faster way to get to it which is by removing the trim which is located under the OBD2 reader socket on the drivers footwell.

If you decide to get the stuff from Jabe/or me, then Paypal is fine.
Feel free to ask if anything I said is not clear.

Alex
Hi Alex.

I've changed the batteries loads of times and have 2 fobs, both are very fussy. I'm more inclined to think it is the receiver that is playing up. Fingers crossed the fobs and receiver on the s40 you and Jabe are breaking is working ok. Just to clarify(make sure I'm not being thick). Is the receiver I can have the one behind the centre console or the one in the dash?
Again, thanks for another link that can help me out.
Cheers, Andy(eric237)

Last edited by eric237; Apr 6th, 2012 at 23:50.
Old Apr 7th, 2012, 16:18   #46
scootb

£12 is great mate,pm me your details and I'll do a transfer!

Nothing wrong with a GDI!!
scootb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2012, 16:31   #47
gatos
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootb View Post
£12 is great mate,pm me your details and I'll do a transfer!
Will do so when I get back to the UK

Quote:
Hi Alex.

I've changed the batteries loads of times and have 2 fobs, both are very fussy. I'm more inclined to think it is the receiver that is playing up. Fingers crossed the fobs and receiver on the s40 you and Jabe are breaking is working ok. Just to clarify(make sure I'm not being thick). Is the receiver I can have the one behind the centre console or the one in the dash?
Again, thanks for another link that can help me out.
Cheers, Andy(eric237)
Not sure if we have 1 or 2 fobs. We only got the car a couple of days before my holidays, so I didn't get a chance to check it.

The unit behind the instrument panel is the RC receiver Unit. The unit behind the main centre console is the Lock Alarm Unit which is the one that has to much with the fobs. I can actually also send you the RC unit anyeay, to see if it helps with the weaker signal.

Nullius in Verba
Old Apr 7th, 2012, 20:34   #48
eric237

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatos View Post
Will do so when I get back to the UK

Not sure if we have 1 or 2 fobs. We only got the car a couple of days before my holidays, so I didn't get a chance to check it.

The unit behind the instrument panel is the RC receiver Unit. The unit behind the main centre console is the Lock Alarm Unit which is the one that has to much with the fobs. I can actually also send you the RC unit anyeay, to see if it helps with the weaker signal.
Hi mate, do you want any extra for the rc unit? Let me know the total and if you give me your paypal address I can get the wife to pay as the paypal a/c we use is in her name.
Cheers, Andy
Old Apr 9th, 2012, 10:13   #49
bar72

as well as the headlight switch, do you have the relay at the back of the speedo for controlling the front/rear fogs, my fogs don't work, usure if it's the headlight switch or the relay but i'm needing both, thanks
bar72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9th, 2012, 15:36   #50
gatos
Premier Member

Quote:
Hi mate, do you want any extra for the rc unit? Let me know the total and if you give me your paypal address I can get the wife to pay as the paypal a/c we use is in her name.
Cheers, Andy
Add a couple of quid for it and we are fine. Before I send anything out I test it first and make sure I am happy with it. The car is at Jabe's place, so I will have to go there and take everything out together with a lot of other things people want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bar72 View Post
as well as the headlight switch, do you have the relay at the back of the speedo for controlling the front/rear fogs, my fogs don't work, usure if it's the headlight switch or the relay but i'm needing both, thanks
I haven't got that much experience with the P1 S40/V40, so I will need to check if it uses the CEM like the late P1 cars and all P2 cars do, or if it has another style relay in there. See my photo here and let me know if what you are after is the CEM

Nullius in Verba