Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

New Generation XC60

Views : 34642

Replies : 446

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 9th, 2017, 21:51   #121
londor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NigelDay View Post
Would anyone care to interpret the fuel tank capacity:

Fuel tank, l (T8/T6 & D5, all US & CDN/D4&T5) 50/71/60
I saw it last night and my guess is:

T8 = 50l
T5 & D4 = 60l
T6 & D5 = 71l

Cars for the US and Canadian markets regardless of engine = 71l

Last edited by londor; Mar 9th, 2017 at 22:01.
londor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10th, 2017, 01:33   #122
RoyMacDonald
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannaton View Post
I seem to remember when I ordered my XC60 SE Lux you could swap the nicer 18-inch wheels for the basic 17" one from the lower model as a no-cost option. Is that not the same on the new XC60 with 20's ?

I agree 20" wheels are wasted on a car like that - for one you are more limited on winter tyres and I'm not aware of any all terrain tyres?
There is no option on the configurator if you choose the air suspension. In fact if you try and change to a different wheel size the configurator says the air suspension will be removed.

Roy
Old Mar 10th, 2017, 01:48   #123
RoyMacDonald
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonjedrake View Post
Hi Roy

NB.
Good to see James intervention last night after my posting may have banned Kev78 again or least throw a warning shot across his brow!
Yes, It's great to be able to discuss the new XC60 without him constantly hijacking the thread in an attempt to persuade us not to like any Volvo even a new Volvo that non of us, including him have seen or driven in the metal.

Roy
The Following User Says Thank You to RoyMacDonald For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 10th, 2017, 02:57   #124
Mrjon
Master Member

I don't know which way to jump now, current XC60, new XC60 or V90CC.
I'm glad to see that 4C is back on the new XC60 though.
I've tested the F pace and discovery sport recently and am now in no doubt that a Volvo is the way to go, the quality, perceived at least, is outstanding compared to JLR's offerings.
The Audi stuff was good but the dealers and customers frequenting the showroom put me off the whole thing, No definitely returning to Volvo.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mrjon For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 10th, 2017, 07:36   #125
NigelDay
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyMacDonald View Post
There is no option on the configurator if you choose the air suspension. In fact if you try and change to a different wheel size the configurator says the air suspension will be removed.

Roy
Perhaps this will change when the models and options 'settle down' post-launch.
I can see no logical reason for not allowing 235/60R18 with air suspension. The rolling radius must be the same.
2015: XC60 D4 FWD SE Lux Nav 190hp manual, Osmium Grey, 17" Segin, Tempa, Winter Illumination, Security, Family, DSP, 4C, HK Sound, Subwoofer, Front Parking, Rear Camera, Dark Tinted, Power Passenger Seat, Speed and Heated Steering.
NigelDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10th, 2017, 08:34   #126
wimorrison
Grumpy Old Sod

Could it be that the air suspensions needs to additional space offered by 20" wheels and that the components wont fit into the 18" wheel clearances?
Old Mar 10th, 2017, 08:40   #127
NigelDay
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wimorrison View Post
Could it be that the air suspensions needs to additional space offered by 20" wheels and that the components wont fit into the 18" wheel clearances?
Perhaps, but it does seem strange that one of the 'off road' benefits of air suspension is negated by compulsory low profile tyres. The other explanation could be that VUK have 'decided' that is what they want to offer. (Remember VUK deleting Active 4C in MY17 when Ireland continued to offer it). When properly launched it will be interesting to see if the same 'constraint' is applied to the European LHD markets.
2015: XC60 D4 FWD SE Lux Nav 190hp manual, Osmium Grey, 17" Segin, Tempa, Winter Illumination, Security, Family, DSP, 4C, HK Sound, Subwoofer, Front Parking, Rear Camera, Dark Tinted, Power Passenger Seat, Speed and Heated Steering.
NigelDay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NigelDay For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 10th, 2017, 11:20   #128
chrisnoy

I am interested in the new XC60, however the costs look horrendous !
What would be the advantage of the air suspension?, the 20" wheels sound frightening to me. I have a R design at present, would a car without sport suspension and air suspension handle well as regards rolling etc. I guess a test drive would be the only thing to confirm.
Old Mar 10th, 2017, 12:15   #129
wimorrison
Grumpy Old Sod

Quote:
Originally Posted by NigelDay View Post
Perhaps, but it does seem strange that one of the 'off road' benefits of air suspension is negated by compulsory low profile tyres. The other explanation could be that VUK have 'decided' that is what they want to offer. (Remember VUK deleting Active 4C in MY17 when Ireland continued to offer it). When properly launched it will be interesting to see if the same 'constraint' is applied to the European LHD markets.
I wouldn't want air springs off-road, plain old coil springs are best for that

air springs are for comfort in Chelsea tractors which ties in with the aspiration market and 20" wheels
Old Mar 10th, 2017, 12:19   #130
andrewpain

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisnoy View Post
I am interested in the new XC60, however the costs look horrendous !
What would be the advantage of the air suspension?, the 20" wheels sound frightening to me. I have a R design at present, would a car without sport suspension and air suspension handle well as regards rolling etc. I guess a test drive would be the only thing to confirm.
probably utterly irrelevant, but the standard 20" runflats on the X3 I tested weren't anywhere near as bad as reviewers had led me to expect. I'd conviced myself that with that set up Variable Damping Control was essential. And yet...
I didn't bounce over every little bump, it didn't tramline, and it wasn't even as noisy as I'd expected. (I just thought the XC60 was as nice, and better value)
test drive is the ONLY way to see how the 20s with Air will perform.
Maybe in 3 or 4 years for me:-)