Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

New Generation XC60

Views : 34637

Replies : 446

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 8th, 2017, 09:26   #51
SuffolkBoy
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantastic View Post
Just had a play about with the configurator. Has anyone else noticed the "tempa spare" option is now in a bag strapped (not very well IMO) on top of the boot floor, thereby ruining boot space like in early V60's.
If this is the best they can come up with when my XC60's spare is nicely under the floor, then someone at Volvo design is having a laugh...
When I saw the picture of the spare wheel on the configurator, I thought it looked strange sitting on top of the boot floor!

Then I read the information about it and it says that you get a tyre bag for the punctured tyre, so I am wondering if the picture is of a full size wheel/tyre sitting on the boot floor as you certainly wouldn't be able to put it back into the temps spare wheel space under the boot floor.

Just a thought.....
Old Mar 8th, 2017, 09:37   #52
NigelDay
Premier Member

Finally managed to get into the configurator.
Disappointed to see they have taken out the 360 laminated glass and now charge significantly more for just laminated side windows. So you get the extra security against a thief breaking the side window, but now they will simply take a hammer to the rear windscreen. What a stupid retrograde move.
The other options also start to look pricey. B&W sound at £2.5k would be on my list (I cannot do with 'standard sound systems'), but this is now starting to become serious money. Some of the options are starting to encroach JLR 'option prices', whereas in the past, the Volvo options list looked quite sensible.
I am left feeling that (1) the new model looks really nice, but (2) I got an absolute bargain with mine -- which I shall be keeping for quite a few more years.
2015: XC60 D4 FWD SE Lux Nav 190hp manual, Osmium Grey, 17" Segin, Tempa, Winter Illumination, Security, Family, DSP, 4C, HK Sound, Subwoofer, Front Parking, Rear Camera, Dark Tinted, Power Passenger Seat, Speed and Heated Steering.
NigelDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8th, 2017, 10:17   #53
andymcp
Premier Member

The missing link in the configurator though is the finance calculator. Most will be buying these on some kind of finance deal and the biggest influence there other than APR is the GMFV. If that isn't good, then for a lot of historic XC60 buyers the jump will be significant.

That value also comes into play when comparing models - our new RRS has a few options ticked, but if we had been going for many more then the jump to the top of the range model was getting so small that the finance difference was only about £80/month because the Autobiography's GMFV was so much higher the amount being financed was almost the same. In comparison, the much cheaper list priced F-Pace was way higher per month because the guaranteed residual price was so much lower.

If Volvo guarantee high resale values then the increased list price needn't be too harmful. Will be interesting to see how that pans out when they launch it.

Mine: 2014 V60 D4 SE Lux Nav Geartronic
Mrs McP: 2013 V40 D2 R-Design Lux Nav
andymcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8th, 2017, 10:19   #54
SuffolkBoy
VOC Member

Just spoken to my Dealer, they have just ordered their demonstrator, expected arrival is July.
FWD model could be a year away.
Old Mar 8th, 2017, 10:38   #55
NigelDay
Premier Member

As with all new launches, the full model range and options usually take a year to filter through. It will be interesting to see how the FWD engine options pan out. I suspect they will only offer this in D4, not the D5 engine. Also interesting (for me and 'manual brigade') is whether a manual box will be offered with the D5 AWD. The Tiguan (for example) does not offer a manual box with the 237bhp 4-motion. Small point, but interesting to see, especially as the 90-range does not offer a manual box anywhere in the range.
2015: XC60 D4 FWD SE Lux Nav 190hp manual, Osmium Grey, 17" Segin, Tempa, Winter Illumination, Security, Family, DSP, 4C, HK Sound, Subwoofer, Front Parking, Rear Camera, Dark Tinted, Power Passenger Seat, Speed and Heated Steering.
NigelDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8th, 2017, 12:20   #56
RoyMacDonald
VOC Member

Finally managed to get onto the configurator and my spec came out at £53k but it did end up being a higher spec car than my present one, so very similar in price to the old one.

Roy
Old Mar 8th, 2017, 12:20   #57
BrainStormeR

Dimensions look yummy....

BrainStormeR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BrainStormeR For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 8th, 2017, 12:23   #58
RoyMacDonald
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NigelDay View Post
Finally managed to get into the configurator.
Disappointed to see they have taken out the 360 laminated glass and now charge significantly more for just laminated side windows. So you get the extra security against a thief breaking the side window, but now they will simply take a hammer to the rear windscreen. What a stupid retrograde move.
The other options also start to look pricey. B&W sound at £2.5k would be on my list (I cannot do with 'standard sound systems'), but this is now starting to become serious money. Some of the options are starting to encroach JLR 'option prices', whereas in the past, the Volvo options list looked quite sensible.
I am left feeling that (1) the new model looks really nice, but (2) I got an absolute bargain with mine -- which I shall be keeping for quite a few more years.
The side window laminated glass is still how it was described when I ordered mine back in August 2014 Nigel. I think the windscreens are laminated glass as standard as they form part of the body strength.

Roy
Old Mar 8th, 2017, 12:54   #59
SuffolkBoy
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NigelDay View Post
As with all new launches, the full model range and options usually take a year to filter through. It will be interesting to see how the FWD engine options pan out. I suspect they will only offer this in D4, not the D5 engine. Also interesting (for me and 'manual brigade') is whether a manual box will be offered with the D5 AWD. The Tiguan (for example) does not offer a manual box with the 237bhp 4-motion. Small point, but interesting to see, especially as the 90-range does not offer a manual box anywhere in the range.
Just reading the report of the new XC60 in this week's Auto Express and they are suggesting future engine choices will be a smaller T4 with 197bhp and a D3 with 150bhp. Also a possibility of a three cylinder engine coming into the line up.

No mention of manual boxes in the article.

Production due to start in April in Sweden, it says with prices expected to start at around £35,000 - assume that this would be for a D4 FWD.
Old Mar 8th, 2017, 13:16   #60
ChatsV60

A few interesting pdf files here

https://www.media.volvocars.com/glob...8/documentfile
ChatsV60 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ChatsV60 For This Useful Post: