Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Water in driver & passenger footwell

Views : 387

Replies : 9

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 19th, 2024, 12:17   #1
Drew73

Default Water in driver & passenger footwell

Hi, I am looking for help. I have a C30 59 registration, for the past few months after rainfall, I have noticed significant amounts of water under the driver a passenger seats. I do not have a sunroof, have changed the pollen filter, no water coming in through door or boots seals. There is around 2cm sitting on the car floor when I removed the air vent under both seats. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you
Drew73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2024, 15:55   #2
andy_d
Premier Member

check the windscreen seal, esp top edges
from reading on here that can be an issue,, try "leaking windscreen" in teh search box and you should find the threads, also "water in footwell" will give you the other causes.
but no sunroof = no drains to block/disconnect - windscreen seal is where im thinking

if it was Just the drivers side front+rear then "a/c drain" could be a issue,, as its both ,,windscreen ??
The Following User Says Thank You to andy_d For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 19th, 2024, 16:02   #3
Kev0607
Premier Member

+1 for windscreen.

Or you could have leaking heater pipes, which are behind the dash.
Old Feb 19th, 2024, 16:12   #4
PJS007

Default Welcome to Volvo water leak problems.

Welcome to Volvo leaking rainwater problems. I have XC60 R Design from 2020. Just before warranty expired (luckily) I discovered a very large amount of rainwater in my boot where you do not regularly look. Went in for a full week and was told seals on roof at rear where boot opens failed and also drainage problems. Replaced everything under warranty. Checked over for next few months and all seemed fine and dry. Then stopped checking regularly and just had a quick look 8 months later to find another boot full of water. Went in again and they confirmed on examination front footwells were also full of water. Had it 3 weeks this time to replaced all seals again in the same places on the roof. Looked across internet and found loads of same problems across the world with not just XC60's but 40's and 90's also. Even found an American lawsuit against Volvo about this issue. Had ordered a new XC60 before the second problem as they are, apart from this, a great car. So, emailed Volvo UK Headquarters and asked for confirmation that the design had changed and been improved and that these problems were now sorted for new vehicles coming off the production line. I will not bore you with the ridiculous lengthy corporate 'non explanation' responses I received. How can a modern luxury car being sold for this kind of money leak rainwater into everywhere?
PJS007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2024, 16:35   #5
Drew73

Thank you for your advice, I was going to check the a/c drain next and l will monitor windscreen next time it rains.
The Following User Says Thank You to Drew73 For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 19th, 2024, 16:36   #6
Drew73

And I’ll check the heater pipes!
Old Feb 21st, 2024, 14:44   #7
StatusRed
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew73 View Post
Thank you for your advice, I was going to check the a/c drain next and l will monitor windscreen next time it rains.
From the inside of the car press the top of the windscreen out, if there's any movement at all the seal is gone and the windscreen needs refitting and resealing just like it did on my car.

Previous: C70 Coupe 2.4i | Saab 9-5 Aero | Daihatsu SporTrak
StatusRed is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to StatusRed For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 23rd, 2024, 23:57   #8
Chrisgb

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatusRed View Post
From the inside of the car press the top of the windscreen out, if there's any movement at all the seal is gone and the windscreen needs refitting and resealing just like it did on my car.
I second StatusRed’s advice. Mine had a leaking windscreen and you could push it out at the top, same as his!
Chrisgb is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chrisgb For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 24th, 2024, 18:22   #9
StatusRed
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisgb View Post
I second StatusRed’s advice. Mine had a leaking windscreen and you could push it out at the top, same as his!
Yup this is what the dealer told me to do to check it, then went in to get fixed, cost £180. FYI it's £600 IF the windscreen breaks in the process ;'(

But the guy said that had never happened at their dealership (Glasgow).

Previous: C70 Coupe 2.4i | Saab 9-5 Aero | Daihatsu SporTrak
StatusRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4th, 2024, 16:02   #10
simpkinss

Hello Drew73

If your examinations of the windscreen don't provide a solution, may I suggest that you investigate under the rear passenger seat, where you might get an unpleasant surprise! If you look at the thread about removal of spare wheel tray/wet under rear seat you will see what I mean, and how to solve the problem, which seems fairly common on the C30, but not on other variants.

Sam
simpkinss is offline   Reply With Quote