Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC90 Waiting Time

Views : 5009

Replies : 34

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 3rd, 2018, 22:57   #21
FK77

I found out mine has been pushed back further by a week or two. Doesn’t make any difference to me as I would have been away if it was ready on the earlier advised date.
FK77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14th, 2018, 22:46   #22
aptones

Quote:
Originally Posted by siempre volvo View Post
You should be able to get some dealer installed extras installed for free...
I'm hopeful mine is coming next month.
Hmm.... like what? Mats?

So I flagged up the issue on twitter, Volvo customer service got in touch but all they did was call up the dealer and hand me back over... waste of time!
Turns out dealers get better information then what customer service can get!
¬_¬"

I've tried to ask for compensation.... no chance... plus they're saying that because I got such a hefty discount (11.9%) that they won't give me any more discount!

I'm gonna see if I can get a Type 2 cable as I need both, 3pin for home and type 2 for work!

If anyone gets freebies, please share.... spread the love! =)

That said, if my car gets delayed again then I'm telling them to give me a big discount as I'll be getting a 68 plate car just before it turns 19....
aptones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17th, 2018, 13:48   #23
aptones

.... well a little win.... Volvo customer services are giving me a Type 2 cable for free as a gesture of goodwill.... =)
Old Jan 4th, 2019, 21:36   #24
FK77

Mine has arrived at the dealership but I’m away at present so will collect when I get back. Dealer sent some pictures. Can’t believe it’s already been 6 months since ordering but getting excited now.
Old Jan 5th, 2019, 00:51   #25
aptones

Quote:
Originally Posted by FK77 View Post
Mine has arrived at the dealership but I’m away at present so will collect when I get back. Dealer sent some pictures. Can’t believe it’s already been 6 months since ordering but getting excited now.
Nice.... dealer has confirmed I'm due delivery in 2 weeks.... fingers crossed!
Can't wait.....

On a different note.... wife got her car in 10 days from order... lol..... Seat Arona....
Old Jan 5th, 2019, 23:20   #26
al dm

I was quoted 12 weeks for my XC90 D5 with factory options. It arrived in 8 weeks, which was nice.

But I imagine the T8 supply chain relies on a much more complex electronics supply chain where the lack of one (for example) power transistor means they can't build any cars.

These kind of things are on global allocation a lot of the time (and probably share usage with high power telecoms radio systems) and only have a few vendors, so it doesn't surprise me that T8s have much longer lead time.
al dm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12th, 2019, 00:03   #27
Bash D Bishop
Volvo Virgin

I'm astounded by the patience that some of you have shown. I can't see me ever wanting a car so much that I'd wait 6 months+. When I make a decision about changing my car and find what I want, I want it immediately.

When I decided I wanted out of my Navara and back in to something more comfortable (pre Navara I drove an A6 Allroad) I wanted it to happen sooner rather than later. My local dealer (part of a large group) said they didn't have any D4 Cross Country's in stock but they did have a D5 Cross Country Pro with various bits and bobs. It was coming in at another £80 a month and therefore out of budget.

I contacted various other dealers in Central Scotland and one had a MY19 D4 CC in stock while another had one sitting in Gothenburg waiting on a ferry. I was happy with the stock D4 as it had the Winter Pack I wanted. 8 days later I drove out the dealership (Christmas and New Year prevent me picking it up earlier.)
Bash D Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12th, 2019, 00:58   #28
FK77

Well, my wait is over. Collecting tomorrow morning.
Old Jan 17th, 2019, 12:04   #29
aptones

Ditto.... after 8 months I'm picking mine up on Saturday... yay....

I hope it's worth the wait.... also getting my Pod Point charger fitted in 2 weeks (7kw for £350 - pretty cheap after the uk government grant is applied)

Just hope there isn't an issue with pre-delivery inspection and stuff so that I can take the car home!

The end of tunnel is near....
Old Jan 17th, 2019, 13:21   #30
FK77

Quote:
Originally Posted by aptones View Post
Ditto.... after 8 months I'm picking mine up on Saturday... yay....

Just hope there isn't an issue with pre-delivery inspection and stuff so that I can take the car home!
I was told the running boards won't be fitted due to a recall and will be done a few weeks later. However, they somehow managed to get that sorted and fitted the running boards before I collected the car.

The only issue I have noticed so far is that seat leather is slightly saggy or slightly wrinkly in some places. Nothing major but at this price point I expect a perfect finish. I have sent the pictures to the dealer and awaiting their response.

I hope you drive it more than I have manged so far. I am frustrated that I've been so busy. Mine has only done a total of 61 miles including delivery mileage! Only 4 trips (including pick up from the dealership). All on Saturday & Sunday and haven't touched the car since then. Looking forward to the weekend so I can make good use of it. So far I am very impressed, especially with the technology and with quality (except the leather fit issue above). I am coming from very different cars (3 Range Rover Sports preceded the XC90) so it is a big change for me and I am loving what I have seen and tried until now.