Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo on call - can you see "pre-delivery" journeys?

Views : 1162

Replies : 12

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 10th, 2018, 23:22   #1
redbuta

Default Volvo on call - can you see "pre-delivery" journeys?

As new car delivery date approaching, can't help thinking of this odd question:

Can Volvo On Call tell me what've happened on the test track/during transportation?

My previous new cars got various delivery mileages on the clock (range from 3 to 12 miles). Never thought about using the likes of "mini/BMW connected" to check what've happened.

Also I wasn't bothered to ask as they were all below 20 miles... And I've never asked for PDI report (although one dealer did show me due to a very minor scratch near tailgate damper).

Time to go to bed...
redbuta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10th, 2018, 23:36   #2
MaDProFF
Master Member

Doubt it, as it is activated when you get the car.

In the journal on the VOC app, default setting is off, and you have to set it to record your journeys.

20 miles seems a lot for a brand new car, I would suspect it has been in a car pound for 6 months, and driven to keep everything up to date etc. if it was built to order it should have very little milage on it.

As for PDI report it should be given to you with all your other paperwork.

Last edited by MaDProFF; Nov 10th, 2018 at 23:39.
MaDProFF is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MaDProFF For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 11th, 2018, 10:14   #3
redbuta

I'll ask for PDI report.

Yes, usually 3-5 miles on the clock. Maximum was 12 miles - they put almost a full tank of fuel in, I wondered why and should have asked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDProFF View Post
Doubt it, as it is activated when you get the car.

In the journal on the VOC app, default setting is off, and you have to set it to record your journeys.

20 miles seems a lot for a brand new car, I would suspect it has been in a car pound for 6 months, and driven to keep everything up to date etc. if it was built to order it should have very little milage on it.

As for PDI report it should be given to you with all your other paperwork.
Old Nov 11th, 2018, 10:54   #4
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbuta View Post
As new car delivery date approaching, can't help thinking of this odd question:

Can Volvo On Call tell me what've happened on the test track/during transportation?

My previous new cars got various delivery mileages on the clock (range from 3 to 12 miles). Never thought about using the likes of "mini/BMW connected" to check what've happened.

Also I wasn't bothered to ask as they were all below 20 miles... And I've never asked for PDI report (although one dealer did show me due to a very minor scratch near tailgate damper).

Time to go to bed...
new volvos have 4 to 5 miles on he clock .. maybe more if they have been transferred from another dealer … The S90 up to 20 miles , road test at PDI is supposed to be min of 5 miles but not many do this due the low labour time allowance for a PDI …
Old Nov 11th, 2018, 16:48   #5
dchbrown

Mine had 3 miles on it and I think the pdi was done in record time - I found the suction marks still on the front windscreen and sunroof from where it was installed!
Old Nov 11th, 2018, 17:48   #6
Quonker

I’m eagerly awaiting my S90 T8 which has been on order since May, only 2 weeks to go now, hopefully anyway.

I’ve registered for VoC, have already got the pin from the dealer and was hoping I could track it from afar but it tells me it needs the cars ignition on to pair.

Oh well!
Quonker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11th, 2018, 18:23   #7
dchbrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quonker View Post
I’ve registered for VoC, have already got the pin from the dealer and was hoping I could track it from afar but it tells me it needs the cars ignition on to pair.
I did the same and got the same point. When I collected the car the process was turn on the car, then hold the on call button for several seconds to pair with the phone if I remember rightly.

The best recommendation I can make is turn on the driving journal straight away, I forgot for almost a day and it won't record journeys until it's turn on - if you want to use it of course!
Old Nov 12th, 2018, 14:17   #8
redbuta

My previous car had the suction marks on from day 1 until 6.5 years later when I sold it...

Whenever the car steams up, they show up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchbrown View Post
Mine had 3 miles on it and I think the pdi was done in record time - I found the suction marks still on the front windscreen and sunroof from where it was installed!
Old Nov 12th, 2018, 14:20   #9
redbuta

I guess 3-5 miles are pure factory test + delivery mileage.

Anything more than that may be a result of extra dealer movement e.g. moving around a crowded forecourt, transporting between dealership, a "proper PDI", or some secret test drive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchbrown View Post
Old Nov 12th, 2018, 14:53   #10
familymangreg
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbuta View Post
I guess 3-5 miles are pure factory test + delivery mileage.

Anything more than that may be a result of extra dealer movement e.g. moving around a crowded forecourt, transporting between dealership, a "proper PDI", or some secret test drive?
Talking of secret test drives. When Audi in Leeds were desperate to sell me an A3 at the end of January about 12 years ago, the only car when had in with the engine I wanted to test drive was a brand new customer car, the salesman took me out for a (admittedly short) test drive in it.

On the morning we picked up our new XC90, the salesman in York went over the the Ray Chapman in Malton dealership where they do the PDI's to pick the car up, approx 18 miles. Slightly annoying, but they were very open about it! I think the car had about 28 miles on the clock when we took it.

:wq