Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Original Sensus Maps update

Views : 84735

Replies : 408

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 13th, 2017, 16:08   #321
NigelDay
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tem View Post
I hope you selected Scotland first, before trying to find the Post Office?

tem.
Interesting. In my old Garmin you had change country even within the UK, so putting a Scottish or Welsh postcode in produced no results ! Now with my newer Garmin we seem to be in one country.
2015: XC60 D4 FWD SE Lux Nav 190hp manual, Osmium Grey, 17" Segin, Tempa, Winter Illumination, Security, Family, DSP, 4C, HK Sound, Subwoofer, Front Parking, Rear Camera, Dark Tinted, Power Passenger Seat, Speed and Heated Steering.
NigelDay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NigelDay For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 5th, 2018, 19:43   #322
JustinRC

Hello, I am looking for some help. I asked my local Volvo dealer for a software upgrade so I could upgrade the maps via USB. This software has been upgraded but when the USB stick is inserted with the latest map software (and correctly formatted) nothing is happening. Can I ask for members views on the latest software version should have - the system is saying version 1210 (upgraded from 1050) with the map version of v30.12.02.

My SatNav system does not have the globe on it, so something is amiss. Any ideas please.
JustinRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2018, 19:51   #323
wimorrison
Grumpy Old Sod

Have you downloaded the correct version? It is not the Sensus Connect version that you need to use.
Old Jan 6th, 2018, 09:59   #324
Ixion

Hello Justin

As wimorrison says, ensure you have downloaded the map software from this page. For info, there's a new update (2018) coming mid 2018, at the moment maps are from 2016.

Did you format the USB before downloading? You can also verify the map is installed correctly on the USB by loading up the Volvo download software and clicking verify, then selecting the USB stick.

For me I copied out the files from the folder it created on the hard-drive (I found it kept cancelling when downloading to USB) and copied them into the root of the USB stick (no sub folder).

I too have had the software update (on a 2012 S60) and my software version is now the same "1210", originally it was "OBD2".

The first time I plugged in the USB it took around 5-10 minutes for the system to recognise it was there, then the following message displays:

After each start of the engine from then on it would resume usually in about 30 seconds.

See my post here for more info: https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showp...71&postcount=4

Last edited by Ixion; Jan 6th, 2018 at 10:04.
Ixion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2018, 17:25   #325
JustinRC

Thanks for your responses. I had already downloaded the software from the page you provided the link to and have verified the download as well.

The USB socket works as I can play music from a USB stick quite easily but the maps are not being picked up. I have also formatted the USB stick as well. So I am a bit stuck for ideas.

I am getting another USB stick off Amazon tomorrow and will try the entire process again.
Old Jan 7th, 2018, 19:38   #326
JustinRC

Well the new USB worked (a USB 3.0 rather than the old 2.0) version. Both had been verified and both were formatted in the same way. However, after 2hrs the installation failed, possibly because it was installing the maps when the infotainment system shutdown.

(Does anyone know who to stop the automatic 15minute shutdown?)

I will try again tomorrow.
Old Jan 7th, 2018, 19:47   #327
wimorrison
Grumpy Old Sod

Red face

It will restart where it left off next time you start the car - the only way to avoid it shutting down that I know off is to leave the drivers door open a bit, enough for the courtesy light to remain on.
Old Jan 7th, 2018, 20:58   #328
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinRC View Post
Well the new USB worked (a USB 3.0 rather than the old 2.0) version. Both had been verified and both were formatted in the same way. However, after 2hrs the installation failed, possibly because it was installing the maps when the infotainment system shutdown.

(Does anyone know who to stop the automatic 15minute shutdown?)

I will try again tomorrow.
It should have completed well before 2 hours , The 48 gb files for the xc 90 take about 50 minutes , i believe the V70/S60/XC60 files are about 18 gb ... have you got the USB stick formatted for FAT 32 ?
ExFat works too .
The interior lights shut down too after about 15 min did you have a battery charger connected to the car whilst downloading ?
Old Jan 7th, 2018, 23:38   #329
Ixion

@Clan my update took just under three hours. Perhaps the older system is more sluggish . Don’t worry about the ignition switching off, just leave the USB plugged in and it’ll resume at next startup.
Ixion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2018, 14:03   #330
JustinRC

Well it has finally worked, so thank you for the advice/tips.