Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 140/164 Series General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

140/164 Series General Forum for the Volvo 140 and 164 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

stromberg cd175

Views : 2157

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 2nd, 2005, 10:44   #1
stuart131

Default stromberg cd175

Hi chaps ,dont know if you can help but it was suggested that you may know the answer to this as this carb was fitted to some of your cars.

Ive replaced my old worn carb with a new one (both stromberg cd175) 3285s
The old one has a long brass breather tube from the front of the carb which exits the air filter housing
The new carb has no long tube (but Ive been advised to fit the old one to the breather hole on the new one)
Q On the new carb there is a brass pipe connector on the right side of the carb above /behind the fuel supply connector at 45 degree angle, and there is no pipe to connect to it ...Im told this sucks air in and if the carb is going on the Amazon b20a then this tube should be blanked off ..IS this right ? it makes sense but Im not 100% sure

Can anyone confirm this? would be grateful for any advice...sorry to bother you .
best regards
Stuart
stuart131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2nd, 2005, 14:30   #2
night owl

Default RE: stromberg cd175

The tube will be for the vacuum pipe to the distributor, if you don't have a pipe to the distributor on yours then blank it off.

Most Strombergs are near enough identical, so if you send me your email address I will send you a PDF file on them.

night owl
night owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2nd, 2005, 15:56   #3
stuart131

Default RE: stromberg cd175

apparently the pipe in question is a crank case breather and should be blanked off .
stuart131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18th, 2005, 20:37   #4
twaintje

Hi, The stromberg with the breatherpipe was originaly ment for the Triumph Stag !!!
This was on the Stag the floatchamber breatherpipe.
Because in the Stag enginebay (V8) the temperature rises to the extend that the fuel gets to its boilingpoint and would float the engine.
It will fit the volvo without any problem though, if you blank off the connection, or even better, plumb it in into the valvecover to aircleaner pipe.
On the other hand, I installed two Volvo Strombergs on my Stag (also own a '73 145) and the car indeed is fludded when started hot.
Point is to open the bonnet when parking the car or else your garage will smell like a petrolstation.

twaintje.