Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > AWD Discussion

Notices

AWD Discussion A forum dedicated to the AWD systems fitted to Volvo cars.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Prospective V90 buyer.. possibly XC90

Views : 1734

Replies : 2

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 8th, 2017, 20:37   #1
hejhej

Default Prospective V90 buyer.. possibly XC90

Hi All,
My first post here, My wife and I are searching for our next car... currently we have a 11 year old Alfa 147 JTD 16v (3dr) which has seen us well and we have put 80k miles on the clock with nothing more than decent maintenance. Total of 95k on the clock and it still goes well anyway I am digressing, I am really here to ask advice on buying a new V90 or possibly at a push XC90.

We are expecting our first child later this year and naturally we want a safe, comfortable and practical car. I was close to buying the older XC60 a few months back but decided to wait a while, now I find the old XC60 interior rather old fashioned and when sitting in the back seats it has less legroom than the V90.

So I am seeking some advice in respect to the configuration of a V90, keep with the already very well appointed Momentum trim and add a couple of extra options... Xenium and winter pack for instance, or pay a little more for the inscription trim and aadd the same packs just wondering what your experience and recommendations might be.

Also I might be able to stretch an XC90 but not sure if it is too big of a car for just the three of us, although 7 seats would be awesome when we have visitors.

I value your input

Cheers
hejhej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9th, 2017, 00:11   #2
pagan8c
Master Member

I have just sold my V90 to get a XC90 but more for reasons of health as my wife and I are both Pensioners and getting in and out of the V90 was causing a problem due to a back condition. The XCbeing higher has no problems in that regard. Both cars are extremely safe so either will be good for your family. The only other thing from my point of view was the V90 boot area is a lot smaller than the XC90 even though both cars are the same length . This is partly due to the raked rear window of the V90 . The XC90 has smaller rear seats but they are still comfy. I had the Inscription V90 with the Winter + pack and the front and rear sensors. The XC90 is a momentum model but really doesn't feel any less for it and I have the Xenium pack ,with the all round cameras and winter pack +the seat extenders. To me the leather in the Momentum looks a bit harder wearing than the Nappa I had in the V90 Inscription. The D4 V90 had plenty of poke and was very good on fuel when on a run and I really liked the car but I do prefer the XC90.It is really a personal choice you need to make and try getting your local Volvo garage to let you have a good extended test in both models and then make a choice. Remembering there is quite a bit of difference in the price and the V90 still has plenty of room.Perhaps as regards extras the Family pack is a good option with the built in booster seats. The XC90 does not feel big to drive and my wife who is not very tall much prefers the view from the drivers seat as the longer bonnet on the V90 and the low seating position meant she could not see as well at junction .

Last edited by pagan8c; Apr 9th, 2017 at 00:14.
pagan8c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9th, 2017, 16:11   #3
hejhej

Thanks for your reply, good to hear from someone with first hand experience. Would the V90 cross country suit your needs as it it sits higher than the V90?

I just realised I posted this in the AWD technical forum... completely the wrong place. I will re post in correct forum.

Cheers
hejhej is offline   Reply With Quote