Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Dice and Vida 2014d For Sale

Views : 418289

Replies : 1084

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 29th, 2017, 10:23   #161
XJSDriver
XJS Driver

Just received mine too - am using a Macbook Pro with VM (Parallels) and was able to install Vida quickly and easily. Cheshired5 was a great help during the install as he responded very quickly to a couple of queries I had. Once up and running I discovered I had some fault codes flagged which he helped me clear - now I can monitor and deal with: I have the dreaded swirl flap error code which is something I will need to watch - I plan to add some injector cleaner to the fuel which may help to remove any gunk that is collecting. Not sure I want to pay for BP ultimate - they take the p*?! with their prices and I would rather support my local factor than BP.

Forgive my rantings - the key point I wish to make is I highly recommend you go the Cheshired5 route if you want Vida diagnostics for your Volvo

Last edited by XJSDriver; Nov 29th, 2017 at 10:31.
XJSDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to XJSDriver For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 30th, 2017, 16:26   #162
cbarrow

Another thumbs up for Cheshired5. Got my VIDA/DiCE on Monday and his set-up guide is very good and covered all of the little issues I had during install. Also very helpful with my uncooperative V40 when it came to it talking to VIDA. I also looked at the ones on fleabay from China/HK before I saw that Cheshired5 was selling them on the forum - and I've got to say I wouldn't hesitate to get one from Cheshired5 if I needed another.
cbarrow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cbarrow For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 5th, 2017, 22:46   #163
allister

Hi Simon,

do you still have these units available ?

As a new forum member I can't message you directly,

Can you PM me ?

Regards Allister
allister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12th, 2017, 16:08   #164
allister

Afternoon Simon,

thanks for the PM.

Lets proceed on the basis you outlined.

Regards Allister
allister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2017, 19:32   #165
Coolerking50

Default Dice and Vida 2014d for sale

Hello Simon,

Thank you so much for you response and also the prices and explanation about the varying cosmetics of the Vida/Dice dedicated laptops.
I am pragmatic and merely look to the result, so paying extra for 'pretty' is not my choice, its merely a tool in my view.

My car is D5 2.5 2002 V70, just to make sure it will be compatible?

Let me know via me private email, that I sent before, or via the site, how you wish me to pay and I will send the payment?

Regards

David
Coolerking50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2018, 15:49   #166
Mac2

Default Vida, Dice and Laptop Avialability?

Hello Cheshired5

I found your "Dice and Vida 2014d For Sale" thread through your You Tube videos! I would like to say (and I'm not buttering you up here) but I am a big fan of your Volvo You Tube videos! I think they are very very well done! I even watch them when there isn't something wrong with my car! I watched the "Big Brake Upgrade" one multiple times! It was very helpful when I did my own - so thanks! Presently there is nothing actually wrong with my

VOLVO V70 D5
Date of first registration: September 2006
Year of manufacture: 2006
Cylinder capacity (cc): 2401 cc
Fuel: Diesel

but recently I have had two instances of the dreaded "ENGINE SYSTEM SERVICE REQUIRED" error message from the DSTC.

The first one was due to a slightly worn Swirl Arm (dumb bell type) falling off the engine end - which my local garage almost wrote my car off for - as they just used a Snap On Code reader and read a long list of codes out over the phone and suggested the whole vehicle was beyond economic repair! Fixed it for £6 with help of forum!

The second was when I replaced the nearside headlamp bulb and removed that black air box and removed the electrical connection on the pipe near it. After changing the bulb I switched ignition to Position 1 (just to check bulb before I put everything back) and that caused the ENGINE SYSTEM SERVICE REQUIRED message! Fortunately it self cleared a couple of starts later after reconnecting everything- but no doubt it has stored some codes as a consequence!

Anyway, I am thoroughly sick and tired of being at the mercy of my local garage to read the codes on my car - which I then need to guess at (or interpret) to then try and fault find and fix and then go back to them get the codes cleared! I need some independance!

So I was delighted to see your "Dice and Vida 2014d For Sale" thread and am PM ing you to see what is your current stock status and confirm pricing?

1. Do you currently have stock of your Vida Software + Dice units? Can you confirm that it should work with my vehicle please?

2. I don't have a laptop to hand that I can use for the purpose of hosting Vida/Dice so am interested to know if you have any laptops to sell?

If so, do you pre-load Win 7 Professional and Vida software on them when you supply them? I have to admit that I have not yet checked out your You Tube channel for videos on how to install Vida on a laptop (but I understand they are there and if followed closely its not beyond the wit of man to do).

Anyway, I thought I would find out first if you had any in stock to sell now? If not I thought I would get in the queue for the next batch available

3. Also (and I appreciate this might be a silly question). But, having never used Vida, does this software read the codes and provide in plain English a description that a DIY car repair weekend warrior could make sense of? If not, is there some document that translates the code achieved into plain English?

4. Finally, can you just confirm, will the Vida+ Dice combo running on an appropriate laptop clear the codes that build up in the ECM (is it?) if required?

Unfortunately I am below the 30 off post limit to send PMs. I tried, but failed. So hopefully you can PM me and I can receive?

Thanks
Mac2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2018, 19:35   #167
Mac2

Default Just need Vida and DICE

Hello Simon

Ive now tracked down a laptop to use and having watched your excellent You Tube video on setting up an virtual machine and installing Windows 7 Pro on it - I think I am brave enough to try that following your instructions. So it is just the DICE and VIDA software that I am going to need. Looking forward to hearing from you in due course

Thanks
Mac2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2018, 20:34   #168
S80RTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheshired5 View Post
Email sent.
Cheshired5
Can you pm me regarding vidas / vida dice cant pm not enough posts.
Regards

Andrew
S80RTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2018, 22:20   #169
Coolerking50

Default Dice and Vida 2014d For Sale

I wanted to give my view on the purchase of a complete lap top with VIDA fully loaded and the accompanying DICE reader, that I bought from cheshired5.

We have all read about those who have spent 'a little less than they should' from Ebay and then struggled to get the device and software up and running.

By going for the Full Monty solution, I was confident this was money well spent, which was clearly the case for me. I was reading the full horror analysis report of my V70 car, within minutes of its arrival by post!

Later a problem developed, with nobody to blame, BUT this is where buying through this channel had even more validity.

Within a few days it was all back up and running, due to Simon's expert help and with guiding an I.T. idiot like me at the other end of his instructions, this was a near miracle.

So ask yourself a question, is it likely that buying a Chinese import through Ebay, you really think there is going to be ANY back up later? If you do, then you are truly in fantasy land.

Thank you Simon, a gentleman who 'Does what he promises' and that my friends, deserves support!
Coolerking50 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Coolerking50 For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 7th, 2018, 11:15   #170
Dxthomas

Default Dice and Vida 2014d for sale

Hello Cheshired5.

Very interested in one of your Vida Dice units - if still available?

Any chance you can PM me with some contact details?

Thanks.
Dxthomas is offline   Reply With Quote