Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

For Sale V70 MY2002, B5244S2 (Petrol/140), Manual, Maroon

Views : 548

Replies : 1

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 10th, 2017, 00:05   #1
Backo

Default For Sale V70 MY2002, B5244S2 (Petrol/140), Manual, Maroon

As per title, my old treasure goes for sale, due to new treasure taking its place!

V70 MY2002, B5244S2 (Petrol/140), Manual, Maroon.

Trustworthy and well maintained workhorse, decent trim - beige leather, warm seats, rails, towbar...Not even 200K (199 and counting)

Full Volvo Service History up until 2012, self-serviced by enthusiastic owner (me!) thereafter.

Good bits:
A lot of attention in general, including, but not limited to:
New clutch - three piece LUK - Friction plate, Dual Mass Flywheel, CSC in Sept 2015 .
While the gearbox was out and the subframe lowered, the following bits were replaced:
Front wishbones (Lemforder), track rod ends in and out (Febi), Engine torque bar bushes, R/H driveshaft (SKF), LH CV joint boots in and out (genuine Volvo).

Unfortunately not long after, the engine gave up the ghost, so I ended up replacing the engine - the spare one came with 71k miles claimed by the seller.
New genuine Volvo timing belt kit was fitted together with new genuine auxiliary belt and tensioner and new aftermarket PS pump.
Sump was washed and crankcase vent system was cleaned, core plugs were inspected, one was replaced. New crankshaft oil seal and new spark plugs.
New exhaust from the cat back last year (aftermarket)
Recently had new brake pads all around , handbrake shoes (genuine Volvo) and handbrake cables (aftermarket).

Passed MOT last month with no advisories.

Currently on four winter tyres on steel 16' wheels, four (a bit wobbly) 17' Amaltheas available with some thread left.

Not-so-good bits
Overall appearance a bit tatty - two deep scratches across the bonnet, the odd ding here and there, fog lights missing, OS wing mirror cover missing.

A/C not working - never has in my ownership, found out the condenser was punctured, but never bothered to replace.

Radio (HU803, 4CD changer, amplifier, etc) works fine, but occasionally the buttons would seize. Volume knob is faultless, though!

Accidentally found fuel leak - not from the tank, but probably from the filler pipe - only when the tank is full to the brim and the car is parked on a steep hill, nose-up, the odd drop will come from under the trunk.

If pushed I'd say that front strut upper mounts might need attention soon - there's no knock or anything, ride is smooth, but I think there's a little gap starting to form. Also a very keen ear might hear the alternator pulley bearing starting to chirp, but again it's far from obvious.

The alarm is not working (that's rather good bit to me - I never lock it anyway)

To wrap it up, I'm asking £500, but the truth is my heart will break if I have to scrap her, and I will be oh so glad if a new caring owner would appreciate all the effort given. There are some more miles to be covered to the moon, so grab yourself a bargain. I'm open for offers.

Ps Unfortunately this treasure is located on the Isle Of Wight...

Cheers
Attached Images
File Type: jpg V70_1.jpg (383.4 KB, 40 views)
1990 440 ex
Yamaha MT01 1670 V2 / Aprilia Touno 998 V2

Last edited by Backo; Dec 10th, 2017 at 00:28.
Backo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14th, 2017, 21:27   #2
MG68

Not sure if you are receiving private email, but sent you one earlier.

I'm in Newport Monday coming, might be interested?

Email markgale68@hotmail.co.uk if you haven't received email from me already tonight?

Many thanks. Mark.
MG68 is offline   Reply With Quote