Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Any information pls V70R

Views : 591

Replies : 5

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 22nd, 2020, 06:41   #1
Piers41

Default Any information pls V70R

I am currently coming back to Volvo and have found a 2003 V70R. It looks a bit of a peach with masses of history, but has had a few owners(7). Does anyone know anything about this car? It shows low mileage(71k) and FSH with thousands shown on maintenance bills, all MOTs, tax discs, both keys, original R wallet and tools.
The reg is ND53HLO and any buying advice would be welcome.
Thank you.
Piers41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2020, 02:28   #2
Bashy
Aged Member

Sorry, cant help but i noticed this (nothing about the car perse)

Quote:
Reason(s) for failure
Offside Registration plate lamp not working (1.1.C.1d)
Advisory notice item(s)
nsr tyre worn on outside edge
Priorities all wrong me thinks
The Following User Says Thank You to Bashy For This Useful Post:
Old May 26th, 2020, 09:33   #3
Davey J

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashy View Post
Sorry, cant help but i noticed this (nothing about the car perse)

Priorities all wrong me thinks
Easily done though, especially if you live around a lot of roundabouts and know that as long as two thirds of the contact area are legal.... You are legal. Plus MOT legislation changes every year, most folks are finding out at the point of MOT if their mechanic is not on it or they are not mechanically minded. To me, warn outer edges show it's being driven properly.

Number plate bulbs, again.....easily done unless you regularly start your car then check it at night on a regular basis. They are one of the most common fails. There's are reason car manufacturers have warning lights for bulbs. They know their customers are ignorant and need prompting.

One person's priority is another one's filed under miscellaneous. It doesn't mean a thing. If the car has got a valid ticket on it and some decent history on it, trivial little details like that really don't matter. It's not a space shuttle launch ffs. It's a 17yr old car. I'd be far more concerned about the suspension system, the gearbox, the headlights working properly and that 5 pot not burning water off, but then you know, maybe I've got my priorities wrong
Old May 26th, 2020, 11:19   #4
DaveNP
Non VOC Member

LOL
So we're worried about the number plate light out (now an advisory) and the worn edge on the tyre (advisory not fail) but we totally miss the fail for missing wheel bolts, and the missing MOT in 2007?
Given that it has had a number of owners not surprising that one was a plonker (missing wheel bolts) and one didn't keep it concours, but generally that MOT history is a string of passes.

David
V70 2.5 10v Torslanda Manual 98 Sreg
DaveNP is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DaveNP For This Useful Post:
Old May 26th, 2020, 11:36   #5
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piers41 View Post
I am currently coming back to Volvo and have found a 2003 V70R. It looks a bit of a peach with masses of history, but has had a few owners(7). Does anyone know anything about this car? It shows low mileage(71k) and FSH with thousands shown on maintenance bills, all MOTs, tax discs, both keys, original R wallet and tools.
The reg is ND53HLO and any buying advice would be welcome.
Thank you.
You are lucky to find one ! i would buy it as long as you like its condition . A lot can happen to a car in nearly 20 years . some things ( most things ! ) can be expensive to repair but you have a special car there which cost well over £30,000 when new , and you are paying peanuts for it hopefully .
Old May 27th, 2020, 17:02   #6
Piers41

Default Thank You

Thank you all for your comments. I have gone through the MOT history, service record and receipts. The money spent over the years shows a fairly extensive maintenance history, some of it purely preventative. I have decided to go ahead as it is an entirely original car. It’s top money when compared to those on autotrader and EBay BUT it’s not an import and has the lowest recorded mileage of any UK car available. I am having a Swedish made radio system installed to bring the music and phone side up to date and that’s it. Time will tell,as they say.
Piers41 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Piers41 For This Useful Post: