Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

“Bonnet open” message

Views : 340

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 1st, 2020, 13:48   #1
valleystone

Default “Bonnet open” message

March 2019 I took my S60 D3 2011 to Halfords to change a headlamp bulb and after the change the Bonnet open error came on. I took it to my mechanic and he ordered 1 N/S bonnet catch & 1 O/S bonnet catch from Volvo and after fitting the error went away. Today I took the car for MOT which it passed. I collected the car and I noticed that the error was back. Before driving off I opened and closed the bonnet and the error was still there. I decided to drive home and hope that it would clear. I’m home and the error is still there. Considering that I had both catch’s changed just a year ago I’m wondering if I should just get my Mechanic to clear the error ? Safety comes first but I am sure the bonnet is not open. Please advise.

Many thanks.
valleystone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2nd, 2020, 04:03   #2
Bashy
Aged Member

Do the indicators flash when locking the car still?
When my bonnet catch switch became faulty, my alarm wouldnt arm fully thus no indicator flashes on locking, it would on unlocking.

If you can get to the cable plug, unplug it and get a small bit of wire and put each end into each of the connector cable holes, this completes the circuit, see if that cures the issue? Alarm will also work ok now....
Old Jun 2nd, 2020, 07:29   #3
valleystone

Thank you.

No indicators flashing when locking the car so the alarm is not armed.
Old Jun 2nd, 2020, 08:30   #4
Bashy
Aged Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by valleystone View Post
Thank you.

No indicators flashing when locking the car so the alarm is not armed.
Dodgy wire or switch again, do what i said bout the connector, use a short bit of wire a few inches long, bare each end off and then stick each end in the connector, arm the car, see if it does, if it does not then theres a short further back, if it does, then wrap it up with insulating tape and move on lol
Old Jun 2nd, 2020, 14:01   #5
valleystone

I have a friend who I will be seeing week after next. I will ask him to do this for me. Much appreciated.