Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General > 850/x70 S1 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

silly cheep show stopper only 3 in uk

Views : 957

Replies : 5

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 22nd, 2010, 02:23   #1
ideal

Default silly cheep show stopper only 3 in uk

hi its probably not the best place to sell a nissan but have a look if you are after something different it might be for you its a y32 nissan cedric gran terismo 3.0 v6 so cheaper to run than a t5. its only done 43.000 miles has 20" rims which cost £2200 only 3000 miles ago 8 months mot no tax [£1000 ovno fast]. have a look in members cars for some pics thanks ideal
Old Feb 22nd, 2010, 08:10   #2
alv70d1999
I've Been Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ideal View Post
hi its probably not the best place to sell a nissan but have a look if you are after something different it might be for you its a y32 nissan cedric gran terismo 3.0 v6 so cheaper to run than a t5. its only done 43.000 miles has 20" rims which cost £2200 only 3000 miles ago 8 months mot no tax [£1000 ovno fast]. have a look in members cars for some pics thanks ideal
link....
alv70d1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22nd, 2010, 19:11   #3
T240
Pure is Beautiful

Apart from the o/s back light being bust (probably an arm and a leg being a Nissan), is there body damage?

Imported new, or grey used market?

Twin Cam Turbo?

Any service history?

How many owners?

Any interior and engine bay photos? More of that back end needed too.

Any advisories on the last MOT?

Cheers,

T

Last edited by T240; Feb 22nd, 2010 at 19:50.
T240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2010, 10:05   #4
ideal

Default a bit more info

hi mate there's a little damage next to the light but its not bad i was quoted £230 which i think is over the top but nuthing considering the price of the car. the light its self is less than £10 as bits are very cheep and easy to get from Japan. it was imported a few years ago to do the jap shows but the guy lost interest after bumping the back and some scrote nicking the tv and hifi. it past its mot 4 months ago after adjusting the park brake and fitting a new bulb.i was advised the front pads wear low well thay wear the originals so fitted new disk and pads front and pads rear and a fuel line which is fine and was not changed. the engine is a bullet proof n/a v6 225 bhp if i remember right and a five speed auto box with sport and winter modes. just one lady owner in japan who drove in hight heels leaving a small hole in the carpet and me and its importer hear. some history if you read japanes but it speaks for its self with no rust and little wear and tear and mint engine and box as you would expect. i will try to sort some more pics asap thanks ideal
Old Feb 23rd, 2010, 19:31   #5
T240
Pure is Beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by ideal View Post
hi mate there's a little damage next to the light but its not bad i was quoted £230 which i think is over the top but nuthing considering the price of the car. the light its self is less than £10 as bits are very cheep and easy to get from Japan. it was imported a few years ago to do the jap shows but the guy lost interest after bumping the back and some scrote nicking the tv and hifi. it past its mot 4 months ago after adjusting the park brake and fitting a new bulb.i was advised the front pads wear low well thay wear the originals so fitted new disk and pads front and pads rear and a fuel line which is fine and was not changed. the engine is a bullet proof n/a v6 225 bhp if i remember right and a five speed auto box with sport and winter modes. just one lady owner in japan who drove in hight heels leaving a small hole in the carpet and me and its importer hear. some history if you read japanes but it speaks for its self with no rust and little wear and tear and mint engine and box as you would expect. i will try to sort some more pics asap thanks ideal

That's quite helpful, thanks.

Always found these very pretty, and they're very popular in Canada and the states, especially the later Y33.

Pity it's not the turbo, I hear the quad cam is a monster; but also hear the cheaper TC turbo can deliver as low as 7 to 10 mpg - so not all beer and skittles!

Would be surprised to find the light for a tenner, but I guess you know your stuff - never driven Japanese, but know a few owners who reckon they're mega pricey on parts.

Did the car get a new tv and hi fi?

Cheers,

T
Old Feb 23rd, 2010, 20:26   #6
rippedoffagain
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by T240 View Post
never driven Japanese, but know a few owners who reckon they're mega pricey on parts.
My dad drives a Toyota. One did he managed to smash the sump. I couldn't believe it when he whinged to me that it cost him £400 to get it sorted because bits had to be ordered in. Then he said, "mind, I did have the brakes done as well, and a couple of other little jobs, and I told them they might as well put new oil and filter in while they've got it". So all in all, considering he let the garage do all the work, I don't think it cost him that much considering.
rippedoffagain is offline   Reply With Quote