Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

New XC60

Views : 1229

Replies : 11

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 4th, 2017, 10:13   #1
Rigiver

Default New XC60

Hi
I am new to the forum and new to Volvo, currently driving a Discovery sport. I am planning a test drive of the new XC60 next week and have a few questions that some experienced members may be able to answer.

1. I have read on the forum that you can get free metallic paint if you are a member of the VOC, is it as simple as that and do all dealers honour that.

2. R Design vs Inscription, if I buy I am definitely planning air suspension, but do not fully understand what is meant by "Sports Chassis" I can understand it without air suspension it would be stiffer and lower springs but what is the impact with Air.

3. What extra's are must have and which one's are a waste of money, may a difficult question as a lot is down to personal preference.
Rigiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2017, 11:02   #2
bobby2000
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigiver View Post
Hi
I am new to the forum and new to Volvo, currently driving a Discovery sport. I am planning a test drive of the new XC60 next week and have a few questions that some experienced members may be able to answer.

1. I have read on the forum that you can get free metallic paint if you are a member of the VOC, is it as simple as that and do all dealers honour that.

2. R Design vs Inscription, if I buy I am definitely planning air suspension, but do not fully understand what is meant by "Sports Chassis" I can understand it without air suspension it would be stiffer and lower springs but what is the impact with Air.

3. What extra's are must have and which one's are a waste of money, may a difficult question as a lot is down to personal preference.
Hi and welcome to the Volvo forum.
I have just ordered a new XC60 inscription with air suspension + adaptive cruise control, 360 degree camera front parking bleepers, space saver + a few other bits and pieces.
I think you might be right about the free metallic, as I asked about some extra part ex cash and was given the free paint because I was a VOC member, but I think you might have to be a member for a certain length of time.
If you look at XC60 section of the forum, under the heading of New XC60 preview you might be able to cleam some info.
As for the r-design vs description I'm not sure about the difference in suspension only that you get 3 different comfort levels in both trim.
My choice was based on comfort rather than sportiness.

Last edited by bobby2000; Jul 4th, 2017 at 11:48.
bobby2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2017, 15:50   #3
Crockers
Premier Member

You have to be a VOC member for 6 months.

I was a member but got a better deal so quit.

You can get the Discovery Sport with a 240 bhp diesel so make sure you try that too.

I doubt you'll get any discount but should get 5% on LR.

I love the panoramic roof on mine. Plus if go for the drivers support package.

I look forward to your review of both cars
Old Jul 4th, 2017, 17:20   #4
Rigiver

Thanks Crockers

Suspected it wouldn't be that easy, will post after I have test driven the XC 60
The Following User Says Thank You to Rigiver For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 5th, 2017, 14:27   #5
GJB
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crockers View Post
You have to be a VOC member for 6 months.

I was a member but got a better deal so quit.

You can get the Discovery Sport with a 240 bhp diesel so make sure you try that too.

I doubt you'll get any discount but should get 5% on LR.

I love the panoramic roof on mine. Plus if go for the drivers support package.

I look forward to your review of both cars
Would be interesting to know who you got a better deal with.
MY10 XC90 D5 R design Red MY04 XC90 D5 SE RED
95 940 2 ltr D Silver Auto /84 740 2ltr D Red
GJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5th, 2017, 20:51   #6
Crockers
Premier Member

It was MRG but in 2013 and they no longer have a sales franchise only servicing.
Old Aug 3rd, 2017, 13:23   #7
Rigiver

Hi Guys

sorry for taking so long to post a reply to my test drive, the dealer had an R-design D5 with probably every option on the list ticked and in particular it had air suspension. I found the ride superb despite it being on 21" wheels and the whole experience from sitting behind the wheel was first class. Compared to my existing Discovery Sport, which is less than a year old it was far superior. I was smitten with the car on the first drive and put my order in there and then. The one thing that was not on my "option" list was the 360deg camera, but after seeing it in action I had to add it to the list.

I have ordered a T5 Inscription in Denim Blue with Charcoal interior, air suspension, electric towbar, winter pack, 360 deg camera, BLIS (You have to take this if you want the 360 Camera), front park assist, temp spare, cd player, tinted glass and keyless.

The one thing I find frustrating is some of the things that are classed as options, like front park assist, keyless entry that were standard on my Land Rover.

Car is due to be built end of this month and in the country early September, so I should have it mid September. Dealer already had placed a number of orders so it was just a case of agreeing the spec. I will not be taking Supaguard as if you read all the forums it is not good value, instead I will be getting it done by a detailer with G-teqnique.

Cannot wait until it arrives and will post once I have had it for a few weeks
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rigiver For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 3rd, 2017, 13:39   #8
MikeIOW
Premier Member

Sounds like a top-spec unit, I reckon you will be very happy with that!

Your comment on BLIS makes it sound like you wouldn't have wanted BLIS: mine came with one of the packs & I thought it would be irritating...but actually I like it a lot - it is kind of an extra check with my own "turn my head to look", and & isn't intrusive at all (IMHO!). Lane departure on the other hand....well, I only have that on for a long run (eg, down through France).

Active cruise is superb, and I look forward to hearing how yours is later in the year!
The Following User Says Thank You to MikeIOW For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 3rd, 2017, 13:43   #9
soleil

Tried a reversing camera on a Mercedes and it looked more like a computer game with colours and lines etc. Not seen a Volvo 360 one. You mention Blis, did you mean the whole Drivers support package? It is great.
Why Volvo don't include it as standard for every car given their record on safety innovation?
Sounds great and I hope you like it when it arrives.
Old Aug 3rd, 2017, 13:53   #10
chrisnoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigiver View Post
Hi Guys

sorry for taking so long to post a reply to my test drive, the dealer had an R-design D5 with probably every option on the list ticked and in particular it had air suspension. I found the ride superb despite it being on 21" wheels and the whole experience from sitting behind the wheel was first class. Compared to my existing Discovery Sport, which is less than a year old it was far superior. I was smitten with the car on the first drive and put my order in there and then. The one thing that was not on my "option" list was the 360deg camera, but after seeing it in action I had to add it to the list.

I have ordered a T5 Inscription in Denim Blue with Charcoal interior, air suspension, electric towbar, winter pack, 360 deg camera, BLIS (You have to take this if you want the 360 Camera), front park assist, temp spare, cd player, tinted glass and keyless.

The one thing I find frustrating is some of the things that are classed as options, like front park assist, keyless entry that were standard on my Land Rover.

Car is due to be built end of this month and in the country early September, so I should have it mid September. Dealer already had placed a number of orders so it was just a case of agreeing the spec. I will not be taking Supaguard as if you read all the forums it is not good value, instead I will be getting it done by a detailer with G-teqnique.

Cannot wait until it arrives and will post once I have had it for a few weeks
Hi, I have ordered an R Design Pro with 21" wheels and haven't been able to test drive one. Any information about the ride over different road surfaces and any road noise will be welcome. I actually test drove an Inscription which was very nice, especially in dynamic mode.
Cheers