Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General Forum for the P3-platform S80 and 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Anyone in West Lancs or Gtr Manchester with VIDA?

Views : 318

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 29th, 2020, 23:06   #1
IronJaw

Default Anyone in West Lancs or Gtr Manchester with VIDA?

Hi I’m just wondering if there’s anyone who may be located near to me with VIDA who may be kind enough to allow me to come over and borrow it to use VDASH to upload the tow bar software to my XC70? I’d obviously pay for the use of your system, I’ve tried contacting my local dealership but they never answer the phone and aren’t close enough to swing by.

Thanks in Advance!
Old Jan 30th, 2020, 07:56   #2
reggit
Premier Member

Assume you are wanting to borrow a dice unit and vdash?

If you haven’t had your CEM pin decoded, that will take up to 24 hours with the ignition left on. So not that simple a job.
Old Jan 30th, 2020, 12:40   #3
Tatsfield
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reggit View Post
If you haven’t had your CEM pin decoded, that will take up to 24 hours with the ignition left on. So not that simple a job.
I've tried searching about this CEM pin decode but I cannot find anything about it. Can you explain what is a CEM and why it needs a pin decode? I have a VIDA/DiCE, am I missing something?
Old Jan 30th, 2020, 14:27   #4
Semnoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronJaw View Post
Hi I’m just wondering if there’s anyone who may be located near to me with VIDA who may be kind enough to allow me to come over and borrow it to use VDASH to upload the tow bar software to my XC70? I’d obviously pay for the use of your system, I’ve tried contacting my local dealership but they never answer the phone and aren’t close enough to swing by.

Thanks in Advance!
I've got a VIDA and DiCE 2014D running on a dedicated laptop you can borrow. It's all been sitting in underfloor boot compartment for the past 2 years. I think the last job I used it for was replacing the rear brake discs/pads. It was certainly working perfectly then. Send me a PM if you're interested.
Old Jan 30th, 2020, 18:18   #5
IronJaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semnoz View Post
I've got a VIDA and DiCE 2014D running on a dedicated laptop you can borrow. It's all been sitting in underfloor boot compartment for the past 2 years. I think the last job I used it for was replacing the rear brake discs/pads. It was certainly working perfectly then. Send me a PM if you're interested.
Hi
I’ve just tried to PM you but I’m well shorty of the required number of posts to send one. If you send me one with some contact information in, I’ll get in touch!