Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Center stack change on 2011 XC60

Views : 13847

Replies : 76

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 24th, 2010, 23:18   #1
tonybass

Exclamation Center stack change on 2011 XC60

Wife has ordered 2011 XC60 T6AWD with all options due in USA Dec 2011
She heard their may be a center stack change mid 2011 for delivery April 2012. Dealer says not official but can not rule it out. Does anyone have any information on a center stack change in the 2011 model year.
tonybass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25th, 2010, 07:13   #2
Teejay1
Master Member

There is a lot of discussion on here about it search for pod removal. Briefly the conclusion is its a2012 model change. But that could browse for the UK/Euro market.
Teejay1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Teejay1 For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 26th, 2010, 20:48   #3
nemokina

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybass View Post
Wife has ordered 2011 XC60 T6AWD with all options due in USA Dec 2011
She heard their may be a center stack change mid 2011 for delivery April 2012. Dealer says not official but can not rule it out. Does anyone have any information on a center stack change in the 2011 model year.
I am in Sweden. I have talked with sales in Volvo. He said from the end of November, 2010. They will change new center stack for XC60. They will use the same one as new volvo s60.

That was what I heared.
nemokina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nemokina For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 26th, 2010, 21:34   #4
Philpottig
Better than an X3 or Q5

One thing for sure, when they do change it prices will go up, then we'll know it's for real!
Philpottig is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Philpottig For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 27th, 2010, 08:10   #5
Moto2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philpottig View Post
One thing for sure, when they do change it prices will go up, then we'll know it's for real!
In our spanish forum a colleague has just received the call from his dealer that the car he signed for will include the dash/pod changes but pricing will go up 800€...to change from the existing system, High Performance Audio, RTI with DVD, to the new High Performance Audio with DVD, 7" screen and RTI with hard drive...

lots of discussion here when this will hit ther market...but seems that November is the timing...
Moto2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Moto2 For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 27th, 2010, 15:12   #6
Philpottig
Better than an X3 or Q5

Thanks Moto2, something we can all look forward to, at least another £700 quid to pay Volvo (and why does Britain always seems to get charged more than any other country? - 'cos we don't like to make a fuss!) and another £700 to the Chancellor (theiving money bandit) when VAT goes up in January - lovely!

That makes the new display cost us Brits £1,400!

Rant over, off to lie down in a dark room....
Philpottig is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Philpottig For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 27th, 2010, 15:23   #7
Teejay1
Master Member

Quote:
Thanks Moto2, something we can all look forward to, at least another £700 quid to pay Volvo (and why does Britain always seems to get charged more than any other country? - 'cos we don't like to make a fuss!) and another £700 to the Chancellor (theiving money bandit) when VAT goes up in January - lovely!

That makes it about what it is now to add the Volvo integrated satnav. Them's smart cookies them Swedes/Chinese. ;-)
The Following User Says Thank You to Teejay1 For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 28th, 2010, 07:55   #8
XC60KEV
Master Member

Quote:

Couldnt agree more!
Old Sep 28th, 2010, 08:07   #9
Teejay1
Master Member

Question

If the other European countrues get there new cars in November, and the UK is due April next year as someone has already posted, presumably the delay is due to the left to right hand conversion?
Old Sep 30th, 2010, 11:55   #10
jpwinter
Jules

Question

Ordered my new XC60 2 weeks ago (nothing mentioned about any changes to the interior) and told delivery should be the end of October. Then I read about possible changes to the centre stack and removal of the pod. So I have contacted my dealership today who say they have received information about a change to the XC60 (but only today apparently!) but as yet they wont tell me what this change is - ?centre stack change and pod removal.

I'm not sure which is best anyway, the current centre stack with the pod or the S60 version (which is what people are saying will go into the XC60). I think the black hole will be a useful slot for my portable sat nav but also like the idea of the information screen and podless dash.

Anyway, if I decide to change to the 'new' version and agree to wait longer for delivery does anyone know if I can do this if I've already ordered my car?
jpwinter is offline   Reply With Quote