Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo diagnostics -map of members that can help

Views : 355159

Replies : 407

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 19th, 2018, 11:51   #281
WilBo

Hi,
Does anyone have VIDA-DICE in the Brighton area?

I've got a blocked DPF that doesn't seem to want to regen itself, so I think it needs a forced regen.

Cheers,
WilBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21st, 2018, 16:46   #282
Bigjimknickers

I’m looking for a helpful forum member around the Guildford area to check my xc90 as I have the dreaded “abs disabled “ message & I’d rather pay a forum member cash or a few beers than Volvo!
Cheers.
Jim.
Bigjimknickers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22nd, 2018, 14:39   #283
Jpisanutter

Default My car volvo s40 2002

Hi all im new got my car read by dionostics comes up lambda sensor got it fixed my engine managment light comes bk on so get a auto electrician and they said its a fault with the ecu mmm can this happen i thought it would bring up fault with 2 lambda sensors for it to be ecu mmm im confused we this now
Jpisanutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5th, 2018, 19:18   #284
Chris571961

I have a 2010 Volvo V70 D3 5 cylinder diesel estate, can anyone please tell me where I can locate the bleed screw for the cooling system as I need to bleed air from the system. I recently replaced the thermostat but need to bleed it through as I am getting no warm air inside the car despite my best efforts. Also, can anybody tell me why my expansion tank level keeps dropping to the point where I have to top it up because my coolant level keeps dropping. Thank you.
Chris571961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5th, 2018, 19:52   #285
Ianfromnotts

no heat and dropping water level sound like a leaking head gasket to me - but I am no expert. from memory there isnt a bleed valve it vents through the expansion cap see thread below

https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=223914
Ianfromnotts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5th, 2018, 21:25   #286
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris571961 View Post
I have a 2010 Volvo V70 D3 5 cylinder diesel estate, can anyone please tell me where I can locate the bleed screw for the cooling system as I need to bleed air from the system. I recently replaced the thermostat but need to bleed it through as I am getting no warm air inside the car despite my best efforts. Also, can anybody tell me why my expansion tank level keeps dropping to the point where I have to top it up because my coolant level keeps dropping. Thank you.
Im surprised the thermostat failed , never seen one fail myself .The cooling system on these is self bleeding , you fill it up to slightly above max if the system has been empty , then go for a run until the thermostat opens , about 3 or 4 miles . Let it cool top up to MAX and that is it ..
I too suspect headgasket/ cylinder bore sealing problems . was the coolant a rusty colour ?
I guess you changed the thermostat as the heater was cool , was the gauge in the normal centre position? If so , it will be the air leaking into the cooling system from the combustion chambers .
Old Dec 11th, 2018, 10:35   #287
Grenadier

Hi all

I’m new here and I just purchased a 1997 V70 2.5 lpt automatic. 180k on the clock and the car has no history.

I’ve booked it in for a service this Saturda, but looking to see if this was your car, what would you do?

I have looked under the bonnet and seems nice and clean, starts and runs, and drives well. I know the suspension needs attebetion as when I push down the left hand side, the top of the strut jumps around!

Was also looking to get advice on tuning and getting more HP.

Cheers guys, look forward to hearing your comments.
Grenadier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2019, 00:12   #288
eretron

I know this is UK based forum. But can someone recommend independent Volvo garage in Verona, Italy? I got check engine on my 2014 S80 T6 on my way to France. So I have 2000km to drive back home left.

Thanks in advance.
eretron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2019, 12:36   #289
mattoutandabout

I have VIDA/DICE in Dunblane - happy to loan if needed.
mattoutandabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2019, 11:57   #290
KevV70XC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattoutandabout View Post
I have VIDA/DICE in Dunblane - happy to loan if needed.
Once I find out what options can be switched on / off I may well take that offer.

Thanks
KevV70XC is offline   Reply With Quote