Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 400 Series General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

400 Series General Forum for the Volvo 440, 460 and 480 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volov 440 speedo

Views : 1205

Replies : 2

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 6th, 2016, 10:09   #1
car440

Default Volov 440 speedo

Hi, just picked myself up a tired old Volvo 440 on ebay last week. The speedo works but the mile counter doesn't, and the bulb for the trip computer is really dim. Ive read the guides on how to repair these but im completely useless at things like that! Can anyone recommend somewhere close to Bristol where I could get these fixed?
Thanks
car440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8th, 2016, 21:35   #2
Volvo Fan 1946

Hello, just wanted to say well done you for snapping up a great car which seems very under rated and quite rare these days. I have recently acquired a 1992 440 and am thrilled to bits with my car & the return to simple uncomplicated driving experience. Unfortunately, I don't know where you could get replacement parts, however, I found great support, encouragement & guidance from others here. Good luck & I hope you enjoy your car as much as I do mine. Regards Jane
Volvo Fan 1946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2016, 16:17   #3
volvomania

Depending on the version the options to solve it will differ.
First the dafted solution probably: Have you tried to reset the tripcounter a couple of times?
If it is reset while driving it wil sometimes not engage properly. One should only reset it when the car is at a standstill.

If that doesn't work....
The positive thing is that the signal (whether it electrinically or by cable) is reaching the speedo.
It could be that a gear is split inside or that a soldered joint has broken inside or that the cpu of the electronic speedo version has decided to retire....
In that case you may need to get it repaireed or install a new speedo.

Born Built Beauties: Parts keeping our cars on the road!

www.Born-Built-Beauties.eu
volvomania is offline   Reply With Quote