Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 400 Series General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

400 Series General Forum for the Volvo 440, 460 and 480 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

400s at BKV 26th June 2016

Views : 1267

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 27th, 2016, 09:54   #1
dcw
VOC Member

Default 400s at BKV 26th June 2016

Had a really enjoyable day at the BKV yesterday, meeting and chatting with so many Volvo owners and in particular Volvo 480 owners.

There was a solitary 440, and half a dozen UK 480s, plus 4 welcome additions from the Dutch 480 owners club - really good to meet them!

Beautiful 480s all, and I was really pleased to come away with a "highly commended" for Lily (if nothing else I couldn't hope to compete with the immaculate engine compartments on the class winners!). Even more pleasing was the number of people who showed great interest in her - many of whom never even knew there had been a limited run 480 GT in this country.

A couple of photos of Lily and our class line-up attached.

Best to all!

David
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Lily, 2016 BKV.jpg (348.8 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg Lily (3) 2016 BKV.jpg (340.7 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg 480 line-up 2016 BKV.jpg (321.4 KB, 26 views)
1994 480 GT and 2007 V50 SE Sport
dcw is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dcw For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 28th, 2016, 21:48   #2
Volvo Fan 1946

Default Congratulations David - Lily looks lovely

Hi David, just read about Sunday - so pleased you got an award for your car. Wanted to come myself but not joined VOC club yet, so would not have been able to enter Vera. Will join this weekend. Do you know if there will be a club meet in Yorkshire this year? Would love to go and take "Vera" my 440XI. Kind Regards Jane. PS loved Scotland - car flew along no issues whatsoever, thought of writing blog / story about trip, not sure if that's allowed. Jane
Volvo Fan 1946 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Volvo Fan 1946 For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 29th, 2016, 09:03   #3
dcw
VOC Member

Thanks Jane

Glad to hear the Scotland trip was smooth, plain sailing!

The "local" meet would be the Northern BKV at Wetherby Racecourse, Sunday 31st July. As far as I am aware (sure someone will correct me if needed) you don't need to be a VOC member just to attend, but you do need to be to put your car in for BKV judging...

I am intending to go as things stand, so might meet you and Vera there!

David
1994 480 GT and 2007 V50 SE Sport
dcw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29th, 2016, 10:01   #4
Bantambuddy
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volvo Fan 1946 View Post
Hi David, just read about Sunday - so pleased you got an award for your car. Wanted to come myself but not joined VOC club yet, so would not have been able to enter Vera. Will join this weekend. Do you know if there will be a club meet in Yorkshire this year? Would love to go and take "Vera" my 440XI. Kind Regards Jane. PS loved Scotland - car flew along no issues whatsoever, thought of writing blog / story about trip, not sure if that's allowed. Jane
Jane, The Volvo owners club magazine is always looking for articles to publish in the magazine so why not contact the editor Chris Wickers and ring to discuss 01245 420908.
If you are interested in car meets have a look here https://www.facebook.com/groups/volvotuning/
as there are regular meets around the country for Volvo enthusiasts
Welcome to Volvo world, any pics as always welcomed by the fold.
XC60 SE Lux Nav Manual D5 AWD Black Sapphire; Polestar; Family Pack; Driver Support Pack; Winter Pack with Active Bending Headlights; Front and Rear Parking Sensors; Privacy Glass; Diamondbrite;20" Wheels
Bantambuddy is offline   Reply With Quote