Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

New software car update

Views : 7350

Replies : 62

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 8th, 2019, 10:49   #41
Kenp8257

Quote:
Originally Posted by familymangreg View Post
Lol, yet another button pack replacement, how come we are seeing so many of these on the forum at the same time?

My dealer had my car for the day last week to do this but they didn't do a software update. They did clean the car, but I would have preferred a software update!

:wq
Maybe it varies dealer to dealer?

My one said they do the software update first incase that resolves the problem (in this button pack scenario unlikely, but they still did it).

No car wash for me though - that's reserved for servicing only, do agree with you about software preference
Kenp8257 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9th, 2019, 02:12   #42
VOLVOL0VER
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdenner View Post
I tried to get Stoneacre Sheffield Volvo to do the software update at the 3 month check and they refused. I know other dealers have done it at this check.
Incongruity...
Old Oct 9th, 2019, 02:23   #43
VOLVOL0VER
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by familymangreg View Post
Lol, yet another button pack replacement, how come we are seeing so many of these on the forum at the same time?

My dealer had my car for the day last week to do this but they didn't do a software update. They did clean the car, but I would have preferred a software update!

:wq
hehe who doesn't?? if we are always waiting for a new update, a new version of iOS or Android for our cellphones, how wouldn't we be anxious to have install latest car software updates, with new functionalities, new features, new and better improvements for our babies? (cars not wives) 🤭 if she only dreams🤫...i am toasted 💀😬
Old Oct 9th, 2019, 09:49   #44
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdenner View Post
I tried to get Stoneacre Sheffield Volvo to do the software update at the 3 month check and they refused. I know other dealers have done it at this check.
They only do software updates if there is a fault which might be cured by it , warranty will not pay under other circumstances , someone has to pay the labour costs and software costs , dealers won't pay £130 or what ever it is for no reason .. It gets done on the yearly service anyway for no charge ..
Old Oct 9th, 2019, 09:52   #45
Kenp8257

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clan View Post
They only do software updates if there is a fault which might be cured by it , warranty will not pay under other circumstances , someone has to pay the labour costs and software costs , dealers won't pay £130 or what ever it is for no reason .. It gets done on the yearly service anyway for no charge ..

I read that in the US Volvo apparently have stopped doing the free software update when the car is being serviced - it's now chargeable.....

Hope that doesn't happen here!
Old Oct 9th, 2019, 09:54   #46
xsaab
Master Member

Is it a standard procedure to run a software update as part of the PDI process. Given that software improvements could have been released while the vehicle is being shipped from the factory to the dealer/customer.

Also at what part of the build process is the sw installed, are components preloaded with the software before assembly into the vehicle or after assembly.
Curious but idle minds need to know <g>
xsaab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9th, 2019, 10:16   #47
Kenp8257

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsaab View Post
Is it a standard procedure to run a software update as part of the PDI process. Given that software improvements could have been released while the vehicle is being shipped from the factory to the dealer/customer.

Also at what part of the build process is the sw installed, are components preloaded with the software before assembly into the vehicle or after assembly.
Curious but idle minds need to know <g>
Are we talking about when a car goes in for a faulty part?

My dealer told me in circumstances like this a software uodate is done before a replacement is done, in case that rectified the problem...

In a new factory build - I'd assume after all the after all the components had been fitted....
Old Nov 28th, 2019, 03:10   #48
VOLVOL0VER
Master Member

Exclamation New software car update

Updates from and including November 2019

Applies to the Twin Engine: While the correct charging time is being calculated, --:-- will be shown in the instrument panel.

Not XC40: All Twin Engine vehicles with a 60- or 70-liter fuel tank will get a new low fuel warning light threshold. This threshold will be changed from 50 km to 90 km (from 31 to 56 miles).

For XC40: Improvement of calculated range to provide more stable values, for example in stop-and-go traffic.

Memory setting for rain sensor set to "On" as default.

For XC60/XC60 B4/B5 from model year 2020 onwards: A battery symbol has been added to the instrument panel to indicate when the vehicle is regenerating.

Adjustment of message positions – all messages will be more visible in the display.

Not XC40: New message clarifying when the automatic parking brake is being calibrated.

Changed notification for filling of AdBlue from 4.5 to 6.5 liters.

Infotainment system:
Improved logic for updating maps online.
For model year 2018 onwards: New integrated ring tone.
Improved voice recognition of names from the phone book regardless of language.
For Mexico, New Zealand and Turkey: Correction of time zone.
Recurring messages about Sirius subscription removed.
General performance improvements to the infotainment system.

For vehicles with High Performance Pro (Harmon Kardon): New function Vehicle Noise Compensation automatically adjusts the volume of the audio system to compensate for higher blower speeds and wind noise at increased speeds.

New function in the Spotify app: Daily Mixes and Pin-pairing, which subsequently offer automatic login in the vehicle. For more information, see the Spotiy website.

Improvements of the engine control system's optimization.
Old Nov 28th, 2019, 06:11   #49
Duri13

Not happy about adblue notification
past: XC60 D4 FWD AT (MY 2015)
Duri13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28th, 2019, 11:49   #50
VOLVOL0VER
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VOLVOL0VER View Post
Updates from and including November 2019

Applies to the Twin Engine: While the correct charging time is being calculated, --:-- will be shown in the instrument panel.

Not XC40: All Twin Engine vehicles with a 60- or 70-liter fuel tank will get a new low fuel warning light threshold. This threshold will be changed from 50 km to 90 km (from 31 to 56 miles).

For XC40: Improvement of calculated range to provide more stable values, for example in stop-and-go traffic.

Memory setting for rain sensor set to "On" as default.

For XC60/XC60 B4/B5 from model year 2020 onwards: A battery symbol has been added to the instrument panel to indicate when the vehicle is regenerating.

Adjustment of message positions – all messages will be more visible in the display.

Not XC40: New message clarifying when the automatic parking brake is being calibrated.

Changed notification for filling of AdBlue from 4.5 to 6.5 liters.

Infotainment system:
Improved logic for updating maps online.
For model year 2018 onwards: New integrated ring tone.
Improved voice recognition of names from the phone book regardless of language.
For Mexico, New Zealand and Turkey: Correction of time zone.
Recurring messages about Sirius subscription removed.
General performance improvements to the infotainment system.

For vehicles with High Performance Pro (Harmon Kardon): New function Vehicle Noise Compensation automatically adjusts the volume of the audio system to compensate for higher blower speeds and wind noise at increased speeds.

New function in the Spotify app: Daily Mixes and Pin-pairing, which subsequently offer automatic login in the vehicle. For more information, see the Spotiy website.

Improvements of the engine control system's optimization.

I went today to my dealership to update software, they said they have done it but I don't see a single evidence that it was done. Because we don't have access to updates codes, we only have knowledge of written improvements as above i wrote, i wonder if they did it... i guess they update October but not November.

Can anyone tell me how many ring tones infotainment had in the beginning?? I don't see any new one...