Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Keyless entry issues - driving me mad

Views : 6793

Replies : 55

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 3rd, 2019, 21:54   #21
mrlossyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisrixy View Post
I tried the 'activity' key and the car unlocked fine - but there again it does sometimes..

When not working it is just as in the video posted. Concerning when the spare key is miles away! Also a concern when driving along and it suddenly decides you have no key.

Although I put a new battery in one of the remotes - I'm going to replace them both with shop new batteries, rather than the 'new' one I had in a drawer (still in packet) that may be years old.

My car is 3 years old next month so maybe just that is how long the batteries last.. If all new batteries don't fix it then it's due a service soon so I'll ask.

When it happens it can be anywhere - although usually after the car has been unused for 24 hours or so..
Mine goes into this mode if you lock then go back 10 mins later it wont open for 30 secs. One thing is I haven't renewed my volvo on call, I'm wondering I'd this could have anything to do with it? This stared to happen when call expired beginning of September...

If the battery was flat then surely the car wouldn't come to life then be responsive?
Old Oct 4th, 2019, 07:49   #22
gaby
Premier Member

@mrlossyman
Last try: can you unlock the boot with the remote?
Old Oct 4th, 2019, 08:43   #23
mrlossyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaby View Post
@mrlossyman
Last try: can you unlock the boot with the remote?

https://youtu.be/6XncQ__UvNk

New video even worse! Check out the dash display..

Will try boot now..

Same response for boot... I.e. no response...

Last edited by mrlossyman; Oct 4th, 2019 at 08:56.
mrlossyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2019, 09:02   #24
Lexman8
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlossyman View Post
One thing is I haven't renewed my volvo on call, I'm wondering I'd this could have anything to do with it?
Nope, should work without VoC.

Quote:
If the battery was flat then surely the car wouldn't come to life then be responsive?
Even with a dead key battery the car will recognise a key when it's placed in the central console key-reader area.
Old Oct 4th, 2019, 09:13   #25
mrlossyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexman8 View Post
Nope, should work without VoC.

Even with a dead key battery the car will recognise a key when it's placed in the central console key-reader area.
Problem is I cant get in the car sometimes!
Old Oct 4th, 2019, 11:00   #26
gaby
Premier Member

Really annoying!
you know you can open the door with the blade inside the keyfob?
Old Oct 4th, 2019, 11:11   #27
mrlossyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaby View Post
Really annoying!
you know you can open the door with the blade inside the keyfob?
Yes that will be my last resort!
Old Oct 4th, 2019, 12:16   #28
Lexman8
Premier Member

Quote:
Yes that will be my last resort!
It'll set off the alarm. You need to place the key in the reader and start the car to cancel it.
Old Oct 4th, 2019, 12:21   #29
familymangreg
Premier Member

Quote:
https://youtu.be/6XncQ__UvNk

New video even worse! Check out the dash display..

Will try boot now..

Same response for boot... I.e. no response...
If you've changed key batteries, and it does it in more than one location (i.e. not a local interference issue) its time to visit a dealer, clearly something is wrong.

:wq
Old Oct 4th, 2019, 14:42   #30
mrlossyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by familymangreg View Post
If you've changed key batteries, and it does it in more than one location (i.e. not a local interference issue) its time to visit a dealer, clearly something is wrong.

:wq
My local dealer is absolutely rubbish. Called them this morning saying I could be stuck in reading as I couldn't get in my car. They haven't even bothered to call back!