Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Keyless entry issues - driving me mad

Views : 6789

Replies : 55

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 5th, 2019, 07:49   #41
SuffolkBoy
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlossyman View Post
Theres a post on the Swedespeed forum from a guy who has exactly the same issue as me. It seems like this isn't a one off problem. My problem gradually got worse so it might be best you get the car in to the dealer. However, my dealer has been utterly useless. Volvo are so bad at service that I'm actually considering getting rid of the car.
Would it be better to try a different dealer rather than change the car due to one issue that needs resolving?
Old Oct 5th, 2019, 14:45   #42
mrlossyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuffolkBoy View Post
Would it be better to try a different dealer rather than change the car due to one issue that needs resolving?
It's not just one issue, but in agree. Check out my sunroof post.
Old Oct 7th, 2019, 10:43   #43
mrlossyman

Quote:
It's not just one issue, but in agree. Check out my sunroof post.
Strangely and after doing absolutely nothing, the car is responsive again. It suddenly started working again on Saturday evening. This is very strange as the issue occured in many locations so couldn't have been down to interference. I'm still going to get the car into Volvo as they also witnessed the issue on Friday afternoon. I am lost as to what this could be...
Old Oct 7th, 2019, 20:29   #44
Lexman8
Premier Member

Quote:
I am lost as to what this could be...
It was probably just a glitch in the Matrix...
Old Oct 7th, 2019, 22:23   #45
Quacker
Premier Member

More likely to be the result of a surge in the temporal arterial flow of the ethereal isobus that interconnects the two neural highways. In the Matrix. Yes.
Old Oct 8th, 2019, 08:13   #46
gaby
Premier Member

Whatever the case, I wouldn't be happy if our car showed this kind if behaviour.
Luckily it can't, at least not with the keyless entry feature.
Old Oct 9th, 2019, 01:36   #47
VOLVOL0VER
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaby View Post
Whatever the case, I wouldn't be happy if our car showed this kind if behaviour.
Luckily it can't, at least not with the keyless entry feature.
For sure 👍
Old Oct 23rd, 2019, 14:25   #48
DeZemBer

I am having problem with my car recognizing the key fob intermittently. I've changed the battery and sometimes it works and sometimes no matter how hard I press, it just not working.

Then i tried removing the key fob cover and guess what, it works!!! Just remove the side where the battery cover is and it's all working now...

The fob looks ugly now but after it drives me mad for so long, I don't give a dam anymore....
Old Nov 9th, 2020, 20:44   #49
s3t0Kaiba

Did you ever get to the bottom of this? I’m having similar issues. Keyless entry no longer works at all on one key, but the buttons do. With the other key, if I haven’t used the car in 24 hours the keyless entry takes nearly 2 seconds to open the door. Then it’s fine for a few hours. Anybody else have similar experience?
s3t0Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9th, 2020, 23:30   #50
nu11eaf
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by s3t0Kaiba View Post
Did you ever get to the bottom of this? I’m having similar issues. Keyless entry no longer works at all on one key, but the buttons do. With the other key, if I haven’t used the car in 24 hours the keyless entry takes nearly 2 seconds to open the door. Then it’s fine for a few hours. Anybody else have similar experience?
Usually a sign the fob battery requires changing.
XC90 Inscription D5 Power pulse, 2017 MY, Savile grey, Blond Nappa, Leather dash/door tops, Walnut inlays, Dark tinted windows, Air suspension, Bliss/Cross traffic alert, Xenium/7 seat comfort/Family/Winter packs, 4 zone climate, Heated rear seats.
nu11eaf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nu11eaf For This Useful Post: