Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Problem with R/H Steering Wheel Buttons?

Views : 1514

Replies : 21

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 6th, 2019, 18:41   #1
tem
Premier Member

Default Problem with R/H Steering Wheel Buttons?

When listening to the radio, I am able to move to the next station (FM1,2,3 etc), with the right selector button, but now I cannot select back, from FM2 to FM1, for example, with the left selector button.
I have tried it on FM,DAB and TuneIn and the left selector button does nothing.
The volume controls are working, as expected.

This problem only started today and wondered if anyone has an idea what has gone wrong?
Thank you.

tem.
Old Oct 6th, 2019, 19:54   #2
Blueone

I have a similar problem with the centre button on the steering wheel right, which now does nothing. Voluma dna channel buttons OK though.
Blueone is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Blueone For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 6th, 2019, 20:04   #3
GTA SOL

Had this in my XC60. Sent it to dealer who replaced buttons/wiring etc under warranty and now the buttons work fine.

The service assistant said it is starting to become a common problem with XC60s - three were in that day to have the buttons fixed.
Old Oct 6th, 2019, 21:12   #4
tem
Premier Member

I am on my way to the Netherlands, but will try and call into my dealer, in Inverness tomorrow.

3 year warranty expires on the 13th, but I do have the Volvo Extended Warranty, which commences on the 14th.
If I get a possible fault logged, then hopefully, there should be no problem under existing warranty.

tem.
Old Oct 7th, 2019, 09:33   #5
Kenp8257

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueone View Post
I have a similar problem with the centre button on the steering wheel right, which now does nothing. Voluma dna channel buttons OK though.

I've been having similar problems on my S90, MY17 D4

Centre ok button intermittently not wirking.

Local dealer said they've had to replace a few; its actually in the garage now being replaced under warranty
Kenp8257 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2019, 09:48   #6
Steve XC60
Structural member

Same problem here. Generally only with the centre button of the right hand steering wheel controls. It is intermittent. Most of the time it works but sometimes it just stops working for no apparent reason.

Last time it stopped working I found a couple of long presses fixed it. But I have tried that on previous occasions and it did not fix it, so it may just have been pure coincidence.

I plan to get it sorted next time I am in. I have taken a video as I am sure next time I go in it will be working perfectly.
Old Oct 7th, 2019, 10:46   #7
familymangreg
Premier Member

Same here, right hand steering wheel buttons started failing intermittently, took it to the dealer who weren't able to replicate at the time, but seemed quite aware of the issue and ordered/replaced the buttons under my extended warranty. All has been well so far.

I find it increasingly amusing that so many of us are experiencing the same issues over time! Every single issue I've had with the car (and there has been more than I would like now in a 3 year old car), has been experienced by many others on this forum.

:wq
Old Oct 7th, 2019, 18:34   #8
tem
Premier Member

I called into my dealers this morning and spoke to the Service Manager.
He said that they have had several of the new 60 series, with a similar fault to mine and he thinks that the button/module will need to be replaced.

I will have to live with it, until it is convenient for me to get the fault rectified.

tem.
Old Oct 7th, 2019, 19:34   #9
Davebbass

My V90 (2017 Inscription) did this a couple of months ago... it's just done it again this weekend. Centre and back button have failed. Car booked in at the dealer again on Wednesday for yet another button pack.
Davebbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2019, 06:59   #10
Kenp8257

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davebbass View Post
My V90 (2017 Inscription) did this a couple of months ago... it's just done it again this weekend. Centre and back button have failed. Car booked in at the dealer again on Wednesday for yet another button pack.
Have you already had the button pack replaced before? And the replacement set has now gone faulty?
Kenp8257 is offline   Reply With Quote